Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 9  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9
APDAF
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 6:04 pm
I was thinking more of a pre-dreadnought battleship.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 6:11 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
You could make some interesting auxiliary cruisers for this idea. Still retaining some sort of cargo role but suitably armed.
I was thinking that, I just need to find some suitable merchant vessels to upgrade :P Or draw some. Need time first.
APDAF wrote:
I was thinking more of a pre-dreadnought battleship.
Doesn't change the fact that they are really bigger than what I need.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 6:16 pm
For pure military ships you should look into the British light cruisers from around WWI.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 6:32 pm
Something like the town or c class look perfect. That with a bunch of V class destroyer equivalents and some sloops would make the perfect set of ships for the WW1 period... But then a collection of exemplar merchant cruisers as well...

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: November 23rd, 2011, 8:16 pm
I am considering changing the main focus of Cenet's navy to some thing similar to Greece. a substansial cruiser force, with one or maybe 2 battleships, a carrier possibly, and lots of destroyers.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Adm Emett
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: May 6th, 2012, 11:31 pm
nighthunter I am some what new to shipbucket and well I have an idea for an AU navy I made some NS nations and well I want to bulid navies, I mostly have stumbled into this

I am an Admiral of the Mcnenrian Royal Navy....and an Anglophile a lover of English things. also I like the Red Fleet. I am here on shipbucket to bulid a navy. I will maybe post a thread for artists to submit designs. I will make the navy basically UK with the USN budget.....

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: May 20th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Well, I'm working mostly with Erikrike at the momment(Gotrige is currently mothballed). I've made some CDSs and have springsharped at least half a dozen pre-WW2 designs. At the momment though, I'm working a bit with the post-war navy. I typicaly envision it to consist of a strong destroyer/frigate/FAC force, with flank support from older cruisers and such. I plan at least three new destroyer designs to enter service between 1948 and 1958-ish, of which one is a 4500-5000 ton destroyer leader with 5,5" guns(quite a standard artillery piece in the Gotrige/Erikrike AU), and the rest with 4,7" and 2000-ish ton deplacement. A lot of inspiration from Swedish destroyers like Öland, Halland and Östergötland. Each destroyer squadron should include something like:
1 destroyer leader
2-3 large destroyers
up to 10 FAC/MTBs.
I'll be rebuilding some older destroyers to frigates as well.
Most larger ships dissappear from the ErRN(CDSs, ACs etc.)post-war, leaving the biggest ships above mentioned destroyer leaders and a pair of aviation cruisers. The latter fills mostly scouting and directing duties, acting much as a spotter for other ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: July 11th, 2012, 2:39 pm
I've been tossing around the idea of creating a thread for AU merchant vessels. Something that people could use to show off their AU country's merchant marine, liners, cargo ships, etc. and maybe some info about trade routes or trading partners. Any takers?

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: AU Blogish ThingPosted: July 11th, 2012, 2:54 pm
I do have a general purpose cargo vessel and I might be able to re-purpose my large yacht to a small-ish liner.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 9  [ 89 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9

Jump to: