Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1076 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 9:18 am
acelanceloet wrote:
defector?
apart from the fact that I would like you to use the new protector drawing, I have to say..... this is the meaning of defect.
defect
Also found in: Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson 0.01 sec.
de·fect (dfkt, d-fkt)
n.
1. The lack of something necessary or desirable for completion or perfection; a deficiency: a visual defect.
2. An imperfection that causes inadequacy or failure; a shortcoming. See Synonyms at blemish.
intr.v. (d-fkt) de·fect·ed, de·fect·ing, de·fects
1. To disown allegiance to one's country and take up residence in another: a Soviet citizen who defected to Israel.
2. To abandon a position or association, often to join an opposing group: defected from the party over the issue of free trade.

another question: what type is your SIGMA?
for the sigma also: you have large helicopters on the deck of both, but only one has an hangar, and even then I wonder if that huge heli would fit in it.
Good morning!

-The USV Defector (the name just came out of my mind and may be changed) has nothing to do with the Israel Protector.Yes,it is similar,but the hull is a modified form of RIB Mostro 880 Marlin to take one outdrive instead of two outboards.It is made by 60% in Cyprus Republic (only hull with the engine installed comes from Hellenian Kingdom) and its roots goes back in the early 1960's, when the Navy Command of National Guard (Cypriot Navy AU) was formed.
The idea was to create a small unmanned boat capable of detect infiltrations from enemy Seals and based to the CT78 Target Boat of RN,of which some passed to Cypriot hands (This is another story from my AU World,Cyprus Republic AU,wait for it).The Mk I was a prototype vessel,essentially an enlarged CT78 by 50% with a marinised Austin engine (from Healey 100).The Mk II had a Bren Machine Gun on it to counter those threats (detect & defense) so they called it Defector.The same hull was used also for Mk III,which was the first with some capability of transfer image to Marine Police Vessels (Arion Class,modified R-Boot).Only 2 Mk II built in 1970 and converted to -III spec in 1984.Then the USV passed from "prototype experimental vessel" to "test vessel" and the larger Mk IV (made from GRP for the first time,also the first with petrol outdrive) of early 1990's was built to 8 units for the Marine Police.The Mk IV had a stabilized turret with a HMG DShK-M (a modified locally built version) and full digital image recording.To provide a better platform,the Mk V is based to a RIB hull and it is faster with much better range from previous versions.
The design I used is the old Protector,but if you compare both designs,mine has some small modifications.Anyway,I consider of upgrate my RIBs/RHIBs so will this,but all these will be of my design.
-Sigma OPV: These are fictional designs,as well as most of vessels of this template.For design it,I based to the Zeeared OPV of shipbucket.The plans was to built a new OPV capable of SAR missions and protecting the economic zone of the Kingdom to replace the old Zeus Class OPVs (variant of the venerable Konon Class).The Phoebes MK I does not have hangar,only helipad capable of accomodate AS-365H Dauphin (same with US HH-65,but is 100% French),the new AH-139 (essentially the AW-139 with French-Hellenic avionics and electronics,locally built) and the AS-332C1.The Mk II has a hangar for a AH-139/Dauphin and an AS-332C1 can land on it.I will reworked them both soon.
Note: In Konon Class Evolution template I have the LS-664 Hera,which could also accommodate in its helipad the AS-332C1,but the hangar was a bit low for it.
-The name of this USV will be changed,any ideas? What about Defensor?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 9:27 am
defensor? that makes no sense. what about defender, or something like that?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 4:45 pm
Defender is good choice,so this is the USV Defender.

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 5:44 pm
odysseus1980, great work! I like how you evolve and upgrade your designs, like the konon class, and the fact that they are actually realistic proposals.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 5:50 pm
Now the HLK Royal Yacht (fictional).
It was built in 1964 on a Konon Class hull but with 2 engines only, enough for 22kn with light load.It has a helipad for a light helicopter,swimming pool (copy of that the famous Christina O had-the famous Onassis personal yacht) and interior in Ancient Hellenic Style with wall paintings to all cabins.All furniture are wooden,made from famous Hellenian furniture makers of the era.Crew comes from Merchant Naval School and the ship is maintained through the Fund of RHN (that created by the Hellenic Merchant Fleet Owners,as I mentioned to LST Iason MkI history).
For this design special thanks to member Heuhen who provide me a WIP plan of this ship.Also I used the front superstructure from one of his ships (Norway origin) modified to fit.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 6:16 pm
that is one HUGE yacht for an relatively (naval seen) nation, IMO.

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 6:33 pm
Awesome! You could also make Onassis' yacht, "Christina", or a modified version of her for the AU!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 6:38 pm
At 93,3m the RHS Nestor was huge in 1964 (second bigger yacht in the world) but now is rather small.But is still a Royal Yacht,different from other in Europe and 100% Hellenian construction (although engines are a license-made version of MB518).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 6:41 pm
so that ship is an real ship?
anyways, the dutch royal yacht is about 30-40 meters long, and the netherlands have an completely different naval tradition.......

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: July 1st, 2011, 6:44 pm
ReiAyanami wrote:
Awesome! You could also make Onassis' yacht, "Christina", or a modified version of her for the AU!
What For? If you like though,do it and post it alone,not here.But in original only form as a charter yacht (that is she is now),I do not want to see her in AU form.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 1076 »

Jump to: