Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 58 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 156 57 58 59 6090 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 25th, 2012, 3:13 am
Might you also include a couple Italian ships for this AU? You do such an amazing job with the German and British vessels, I'd love to see what you do with the Italian beauties!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 28th, 2012, 2:21 pm
Would you mind if I used the 20'' guns on the Superb?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 31st, 2012, 10:56 am
APDAF wrote:
Would you mind if I used the 20'' guns on the Superb?
If there is any hope you will draw something useful and finish it, yes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Destroyer Tender Peter MutzenbacherPosted: January 31st, 2012, 11:04 am
WhyMe inspired me to do a tender for KM'46. This is the destroyer tender Peter Mutzenbacher, built at Rotterdam. Commissioned 1945.
[ img ]
I used WhyMe's excellent 'Gustav Nachtigal', enlengthened it, equipped her with 5"-DPs and radars, some more boats, a catapult and complete new stern, a slightly changed bow and many more details. Finally, 3/4 of her are redrawn.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 31st, 2012, 11:10 am
One issue I found early, the fore AA gun blocks most of the bridge's forwards view

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 31st, 2012, 11:17 am
Rodondo wrote:
One issue I found early, the fore AA gun blocks most of the bridge's forwards view
That's true, it's a hasty installation, a few days before the invasion starts. But due to the width, vision is good enough.

Last edited by Ashley on January 31st, 2012, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 31st, 2012, 12:07 pm
You have a destroyer tender participating in combat? Couldn't it just hang back around France or the Netherlands instead of moving in around Britain (unless this is after a harbor or something has been secured)? If it were just to do that, then there wouldn't really be a need to add additional AA guns.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 31st, 2012, 1:33 pm
SrGopher wrote:
You have a destroyer tender participating in combat?
Never said that. But tenders would be placed at harbors near to the frontline. So they would act in northern France, Belgium and Netherlands, mostly to support the ships with ammo.
These locations are prime targets for the RAF. Sinking one tender means stopping a complete destroyer flotilla.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 31st, 2012, 8:33 pm
Ah, I misunderstood that. When you said that the ship got extra guns for the invasion, I thought you meant that she was going in with the invasion. Well, its still a great drawing Ashley!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 1st, 2012, 2:37 am
Like the tender...keep up the good work! I can't wait to read the backstory for this AU!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 58 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 156 57 58 59 6090 »

Jump to: