Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
rifleman
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 19th, 2011, 11:37 am
vey nice 3 ships I like the AU Starstreak PDM any cchance of some Dutch AU weapons/System Sheets

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 19th, 2011, 1:48 pm
I am thinking about it, yes. The drawing of the LCF is a temporary one by the way, as the ship in my navy has some slight differences over the original one.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 19th, 2011, 2:27 pm
I like the last one.... although, keep in mind you'll have to swap the STIR 240, as a new one that looks better will released soon (if Miho isn't doing it quick, I'm doing it myself :D)

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 12:35 am
1986 Expeditionary Study
In 1986 the Dutch Armed Forces investigated the idea of having, besides a blue-water navy, several ships that are capable of carrying out Amphibious Assault missions. The study included the purchase of a total of 36 vessels from different shipbuilders, and all had to be commissioned by the year 2000. Initially the ships would be purchased in the United States, in exchange for knowledge about missiles systems, but it soon turned out that American shipbuilders were not included, because amphibious warfare ships of the United States Navy were too large for Dutch requirements, and were either too personnel-intensive, or could not operate the number of helicopters required. The total budget for this program was 3 billion guilders (4.5 billion dollars today's price), but was later razed to 3.5 billion. By 1987 the final study was completed, the expeditionary force had to consist out of the following ships:

* 1x Landing Helicopter Dock (around 22,000tons)
* 3x Landing Platform Docks (around 16,000tons)
* 18x Landing Craft Vehicle Personal/LCVP's (Medium landing crafts)
* 14x Landing Craft Utility/LCU's (Large landing crafts)

In the end this resulted in 6 years over time, and 0.8 billion dollars over budget.

Last edited by Vossiej on March 20th, 2011, 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 12:55 am
Amphibious Transport Ships
Before 1992, the Royal Netherlands Navy hadn't operate any kind of amphibious transport ship, but this changed as in 1986 the initial study for an expeditionary branch of the navy was suggested. This would include a more capable marine corps and several large amphibious assault/transport ships that could deliver large quantities of troops and equipment to far off shores all around the world. At the time the French Navy had just finished its design of the Foudre class landing platform docks, and the Royal Netherlands Navy discussed the possibility with France to design a much larger, much more capable design of the original. The French agreed in 1987 and the Royal Netherlands Navy ordered 3 ships, all to be built in France, but to be finished in the Netherlands, as the ships were to be fitted with Dutch SEWACO systems.
[ img ]
The goal of these ships was that they could initially operate without any further assistance in low- to medium combat situations. That is why these ships are all equipped with a fully capable Sea Sparrow Surface-to-Air Missile system, backed up by a LW-08 search radar and two STIR-180 illuminators. Further more two Goalkeeper 30mm CIWS are fitted to protect the ship against enemy anti-ship missiles.

They carry large stowage areas which can be used to ferry battle tanks and vehicles, a 52-ton elevating platform, a lateral ramp and a flight deck able to simultaneously operate several helicopters. Each ship can ferry a whole armoured regiment with its 32 Leopard 2a6 Main battle tanks, 50 heavy armoured vehicles, 52 all-terrain light vehicles (including 16 MILAN anti-tank missile systems), 54 heavy trucks, 15 light trucks, 5 fuel trucks, 2 tug trucks, 6 120 mm mortars, 67 towed containers and one beach carpeting system, overall 4500 tonnes.

The hull is built around a well deck which constitutes ¾ of the length of the ship, and can accommodate up to six LCVP's, 4 LCU's or 2 LCAC's. They can be put to sea by filling ballast tanks and lowering the ship, and opening the rear door. Another two landing crafts are fitted in the side of the hull.

The aeronautical installations allow all-weather operations of transport helicopters, intended to carry commandos. The ships are all equipped with two separate flight decks. The main flight deck, with hangar, can operate two medium-sized helicopters, or one Chinook heavy helicopter. The second flight deck at the stern can operate another extra helicopter, but is most often used as an extended vehicle storage deck. The hangar can accommodate up to 6 medium-sized helicopters, but the lower vehicle deck can also be used to store helicopters. In a full-helicopter layout the ship could carry 12 helicopters.

The missions assigned to this class of Landing Platform Docks are:

Primary:
* Amphibious Assault missions.
* To provide a Flagship function for a Taskforce or a Flottilla.

Secondary:
* Anti-Air Warfare
* Close-Air Support (all ships can operate attack helicopters to provide close-air support for landed troops)
* Anti-Submarine Warfare (to provide an anti-submarine defense by using a heavy ASW helicopter)

The weaponry of the ship is as following:
-Each ship is equipped with two Goalkeeper 30mm Close-in-weapons-systems capable of firing 4,200 rounds/minute.
-A 16cell Mk-48 VLS is carried with Sea Sparrow SAMs to provide medium-range air-defense

Displacement: 18,000 tonnes empty, 22,700 tonnes full load
Length: 178,2 meters
Beam: 30,4 meters
Draft: 7,3 meters
Machinery: 2x SEMT Pielstick 16 PC 2.5 V400 diesels
Speed: 23 knots
Complement: 20 Officers, 106 Enlisted Personnel. Up to 660 marines/troops.

Last edited by Vossiej on March 20th, 2011, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 9:42 am
Amphibious Assault Ships
By the year 1998 all three LPA-18000s were in active service, it was then when Dutch Naval Officials were looking at the next part of the 1986 expeditionary study, which includes a large, multi-role amphibious assault ship. At first the Dutch looked at the Americans, who were building their Wasp class ships. After some high-end talks it turned out the Wasp's were not the ships the Dutch were looking for. The entire program was shelved for two years until in 2000 the Spanish shipbuilder Navantia came with the design of the Strategic Projection Vessel. The Dutch were very interested and ordered a larger, modified version of the original design in November 2000.
[ img ]
The ship was to be equipped with Dutch SEWACO systems, including Goalkeepers, a new type of sensor integrated mast, and the same SAM launchers found on the GOCC's. The capacity of the ship is of around 900 naval personnel, with equipment and support elements for 1,200 soldiers. Multi-functional garage and hangar space on two levels covers 9,000 m², with capacity for 7,500 tonnes load on each level, for instance up to 50 Main Battle Tanks can be carried. A stern dock is capable of holding up to six LCVPs, four LCUs or two LCACs The vessel has a flight deck of 232 meters with a "ski-jump". The ship's flight deck has eight landing points for JSF or medium helicopters, four points for heavy helicopters of the CH-47 Chinook type, and one point large enough to aircraft of the size of the V-22 Osprey. The ship can carry up to 30 aircraft in the aircraft carrier mode, using the light vehicles bay as an additional storage zone. However initially the ship was not to be carrying any fixed-wing aircrafts at all, as the two aircraft carriers that were under construction at the time would fulfill that role. But later one it was decided that the ship would become one of the first UCAV carriers in the world, operating next to rotary-wing aircraft, the MQ-68A Cooper Hawk.

The missions assigned to this class of Landing Platform Docks are:

Primary:
* Amphibious Assault missions.
* To provide a Flagship function for a Taskforce or a Flottilla.
* Strike missions with UCAV's

Secondary:
* Close-Air Support (all ships can operate attack helicopters to provide close-air support for landed troops)
* Anti-Submarine Warfare (to provide an anti-submarine defense by using a heavy ASW helicopter)

The weaponry of the ship is as following:
-Each ship is equipped with two Goalkeeper 30mm Close-in-weapons-systems capable of firing 4,200 rounds/minute.
-One SeaStreak short-range SAM (24 missiles)

Displacement: 28,000 tonnes empty, 34,500 tonnes full load
Length: 232,2 meters
Beam: 36,4 meters
Draft: 7,3 meters
Machinery: GE LM 2500 (17.4 MW) Combined diesel and gas turbine (CODAG), 2 x 7.2 MW diesels, 2 x 11 MW azimuth thrusters
Speed: 22.5 knots
Complement: 26 Officers, 123 Enlisted Personnel, 24 UCAV control wing. Up to 900 marines/troops.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 11:47 am
I like them very much! one point: please use the new LCVP mk4 I made: [ img ] versions without the 'bay' are on the latest version of the dutch parts sheet. the david and bay are almost exact the ones from the johan de witt.
btw, any reason why you haven't used the new RHIB's for the 18300?

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 1:34 pm
The reason for that is because these two drawings are older drawings I made some time ago. I never uploaded at least half of my drawings, for possible use in AU's. But I'll see what I can do.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 1:56 pm
I find it bad that you use other countries ships, instead of own.
Where is your proud! Moawn

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: My final Dutch AUPosted: March 20th, 2011, 2:47 pm
Mitch please, these sorts of comments are useless. Of all my ships the only one built abroad is the LHA-28000 class. The LPA is a joint program between France and the Netherlands (remember Galicia & Rotterdam?), and all other surface combatants are Dutch designed and built. If you want to react to this again, please send me a PM

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 67 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: