Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 45 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 143 44 45 46 4776 »
superboy
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 21st, 2014, 12:18 pm
i love fantom ;). my AU air force is very very slow

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 21st, 2014, 5:12 pm
A possible layout of Miltiades Cruiser with more modern weapons, in mid 1980's. Rear Mk29 has reloader, while front does not.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 21st, 2014, 5:51 pm
if you have reload for the rear. then you have for front... just manually reload

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 21st, 2014, 6:06 pm
Front Mk29 supposed to be reloaded in base.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 21st, 2014, 7:39 pm
Thanks, odysseus for posting a "safe" picture, where we can actually see the stuff!
Ok, time for "tearing" it apart! (Nawh, just kidding! - only a few remarks)

1) It's way, way over-armed! Ditch one of the Mk29s and move your Standard system down to the focs'le. In fact, you've put it right atop its loading ports! - And that's weird!
2) I'd coalesce the aft directors on an added, staggered superstructure. Much more elegant that way, and less of an afterthought impression.
3) The ships' boats are, quite frankly hideous! That's not your fault, so no blame on you. But please use more updated boats! The motor cutter you can find variants on in the U.S. parts sheet, the personnel boat, I'd suggest you nick the one I drew for the De La Penne-class!
4) I really cannot see any justification for the aft lattice-mast. The LW-02 (which I suggest you swop places with your SPS-52) can as easily be placed on top of your mack! Why else would you bother to design a mack in the first place? - I'd also take the OE-82 from its perilous perch high up in the foremast and mount it atop the bridge! And you do know that they come intwos, right? I've never seen a ship with only one OE-82! (Yes, in the late 1960s/early 1970s this did happen, but yours is at least one or tow decades later...)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 22nd, 2014, 7:02 am
-Original design had GMLS Mk10, so this would fit in the bow with SPG-55 directors at front.
-Miltiades was designed in early seventies, so if keep it the timeline is 1975-1977 for first hull and 1977-1978 for the second. And this means no Orion.
-The ship has two macks as also Andrea Doria Class, they are larger due to 80,000hp instead of 60,000hp.
-Appropriate auxiliary boats fit the era are from Audace Class.

-What about the other design based on the early Garibaldi concept (CNR Sea Control & Assualt Ship, in her own thread with notes on the design)?

-Finally I thought of designing a completely new "through deck cruiser" with hangar like the Vittorio Venneto.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 1:34 am
I understand the macks, no need to mention that! What I don't understand are the wholly redundant (and weighty) lattice masts. Get rid of them; certainly the aft one. I don't know what Audace-class you've got those boats from; they're certainly not from mine... - and you never answered my first point, btw.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 6:08 am
-These macks are inspired from Japanese Destroyer Takatsuki Class and I will put them in diet. Also Kimon Class use them.
-The front Mk29 will go and the ship will have a Mk10 GMLS like the Andrea Doria, but with 60 missiles.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 10:09 am
an lattice mast on top of an mast is not very common, but certainly lighter then an full mack and has been used on a few ships. I see no reason why those would be impossible.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 12:06 pm
After finish my Mirage IV and the new thread "Real Hellenic Wings 1912-1945" I will return here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 45 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 143 44 45 46 4776 »

Jump to: