Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4676 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 14th, 2014, 12:39 pm
I made them using train parts found in another site, where also real and AU trains are.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 14th, 2014, 4:43 pm
...and sometimes clicking on a picture, will produce some unwanted items, such as "sexy ladies of the Night"! 8-) ;) - so, please why not respect the members who doesn't want to click the images for safety concerns and shift your image host? I know I won't ever click any, having done so with a few previously...(not yours, though...)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 14th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Girls, where!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 15th, 2014, 6:49 am
Personally also do not like these thumbnails below the picture after click, but I use the options "family safe" and "do not resize my image". It seems that this picture is larger than the limit after the image host resizes it, because Lysandros some pages back is not resized.

I will try to find this limit, however currently Orion is my largest ship.

P.S I know that the template is too small, but the photo, even resized, seems somewhat better than previous time.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on November 22nd, 2014, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 15th, 2014, 9:04 am
Maybe just switch to Majhost?
Ocassionaly they suddenly turn off for few days (maintenance?), but otherwise it's a simple and nonsense-free site.

Ship itself looks very interesting although I'm not convinced about the idea of such do-it-all, essentialy "amphibious landing cruiser".

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 15th, 2014, 10:19 am
Yes, it is "Jack of all trades and master of none" and me too I am not sure if she could work.

According to an article about "Small Aircraft Carriers" in a Hellenic Defense magazine from 1995, a large helicopter carrier with landing capabilities could be built for East Mediterranean.

So, I move my timeline in 1990's and reset my requirements:

-1 or 2 units
- 8 to 12 helicopters (AB-212/AS332F1 for naval missions and Chinook/Cougar for Army). Of course capacity in Chinooks is smaller, also attack helicopters also could carried (Cobra/HC-270A)
-Good anti-missile defense
-Some ASW capability (sonar and Mk32 torpedo tubes at least)
-If possible, AAW capability with Standard missiles (GMLS Mk13 or Mk26). Sea Sparrow (GMLS Mk29 or Mk48) also.
-ASuW capabilities (Adis II missiles)
-One 76mm gun (if an 127mm could be fit is better)
-Max speed at least 30kn
-Dock at least for one LCAC or LCU (better if larger)
-Ship must have commonality with other RHN ships in guns,sensors and propulsion.

My first thought was to revive my first Project Orion ship in more modern form (COCAG propulsion,electronics etc)

Any suggestions of what to look in real designs or to modify?

And a more detailed design of the CNR Sea Control & Assault Ship:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 19th, 2014, 7:55 am
Next coming here is the Mirage IV-S and the French Mirage IV-A/P in Real FD-scale designs.

P.S To finish with the Project Orion, I look forward for comments and suggestions about it.

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 20th, 2014, 1:01 am
Very imginative. She is certainly well armed. The 127mm/54 would be very useful for amphibious support, as would the standoff missiles. Isn't it a bit redundant to have Sea Sparrow, Barak (?) and the updated CIWS? Would the ship be able to house the CH-47 or just land her? There also appear to be three different types of SSM.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 20th, 2014, 8:21 am
seeker36340 wrote:
Very imginative. She is certainly well armed. The 127mm/54 would be very useful for amphibious support, as would the standoff missiles. Isn't it a bit redundant to have Sea Sparrow, Barak (?) and the updated CIWS? Would the ship be able to house the CH-47 or just land her? There also appear to be three different types of SSM.
AAW missiles are Standard (SM-1 or SM-2MR and SSM RGM-66) and Sea Sparrow. CIWS is the hellenic designed Aris VI-A, with six barrel 30mm cannon and 12 missiles (look in Lysandros Cruiser for it). the SSM-65 Adis II missile is a variant of hellenic variant of Exocet family built for Elli Class frigates back in 1981 and equipped many other ships later. So, she would have two types of SSM (RGM-66 and Adis II) not three. Note that the RGM-66 can be deleted and the GMLS carry only SM-1/SM-2. Usually a Mk13 GMLS of RHN is loaded with 34-36 SM-1 or SM-2 and 4-6 RGM-66. The latter is a very compact design and I am sure it fits in this ship.

However, if I could fit Adis I missiles, then also the supersonic anti-ship missile Isis and the cruise missile Chimera could be used-because both were designed to be launched from Adis I canister.

The SAM-12 missile used by the Aris VI-A has nothing to do with the Barak. It is a vastly modified Sidewinder with the IR seeker from Mistral and specially designed anti-missile warhead. Please look back in page 4 of this thread for details about the CIWS Aris VI.

The 127/54C is used as you said.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 21st, 2014, 9:30 am
Playing again with my VC.10:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4676 »

Jump to: