Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 12th, 2013, 9:01 pm
You're quite right, ace. However, the BII never had a gun on her foc'sle, the BIII did. This ship is an amalgam of both batches (which is totally fine!) What I wonder is your statement "here the Goalkeeper could only be placed on it's historic location because it had deck penetration, and could thus not be placed on bridge, bow or hangar." I really don't know what exactly that means. And Blackbuck: you're doing a helluva job here! Just keep it up and don't let an old curmudgeon like me and a young buck like ace spoil the fun for you!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 12th, 2013, 9:13 pm
the goalkeeper on the type 22's was fitted on a point were before that was no structure. that structure was added to equip goalkeeper. any other position was impossible because of it's deck penetration. because of that, the goalkeeper was placed where it was and not on any of the better positions.

isn't that hard to grasp, I think?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 12th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Well, no need to be snippy, ace. I added the full quote of yours, since it was ambigious - and did not reference the Goalkeeper. As for the superstructure, you're wrong. In the BII the superstructure was brought all the way to just abaft the foremast. On the BIII they did create a space, which was intended for the Harpoons, but the housing on which the Goalkeeper was mounted was there from the very beginning! So, it's not that hard to understand - provided the person referring it uses proper, understandable English!

However, let me add, too, that you're right about the relative inferiority of the actual positioning of that CIWS. But that was only because they attempted to stretch out an already rather long-in-the-tooth design (although definitely one of my favorites!) - So, you got what you could get...

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 13th, 2013, 6:49 am
Awesome drawings as always Blackbuck. Regards to the CIWS, could one not be added on top of that "perch" above the hanger near the mini-typhoon?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 13th, 2013, 9:44 am
Cheers. That was the place I mentioned a few posts back as the second possible location :p

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Things and StuffPosted: December 14th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Slowly updating the first/second page posts with info and all that for the drawings. I figure I might as well post them at the end of the thread for comments too...

[ img ]
[ img ]

Burke/Sejong derived racehorses...

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 14th, 2013, 8:11 pm
Needless to say, the satcom dog dish right in front of AMDR-X is not going to work. Very attractive otherwise.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 14th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Thanks for the complementary words. Should have fixed the niggles with the B2 now (I think).

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 14th, 2013, 8:49 pm
That should be fine. By the way, why do you have both the Sidekick jammer as well as the full SLQ-32(V)3, which already has a jammer onboard?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Crowned Republic of AvalonPosted: December 14th, 2013, 9:01 pm
I'm not actually sure. It was rather late when I was thinking of ECM. I think I was musing over the (V)5? Another small amendment to make!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 7  [ 65 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: