Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 33 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3547 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 1:34 am
Zmeya class Destroyer EDITED
This was the class that took over from the Kämpfer class. If the Rossiyan Navy liked the Kämpfers, they absolutely loved the Zmeya class destroyers. They were larger than any contemporary destroyer class even the large Fletcher class. In fact they were on the fence between destroyer and light cruiser and the Allies and the Axis navies often mistakenly classify the Zmeya class as light cruisers not destroyers. They were all armed with ten 5inch guns and ten 610 mm torpedo tube launchers as their main armaments. As for their secondary armaments, they had 15x25mm anti-air guns, depth charges. These destroyers were also fast at 41.5 knots as their top speed thanks to their 4 advanced boilers and two steam turbines creating 93000shp. They were not protected with any armour. They were in every theater of war during the Second World War. There 205 of these warships from 1942 to the 1980s (last commissioned destroyer was in the Republic of Germany, DMS Gerhard Barkhorn or former RFS Hauptmann in 1989). These ships had a crew of 195 sailors. Unfortunately 15 of these ships sunk in combat.
This is RFS Zmeya in her 1942 configuration as she first appeared with her sister ships in 1942.
[ img ]
By 1944, the destroyers excluding RFS Grenadier & RFS Donner sunk in the Atlantic; RFS Maschinengewehr and RFS Sturmgewehr sunk in the Mediterranean; RFS Okhranniki sunk in the Battle of the Coral Sea; RFS Granata sunk in the Battle off Midway; RFS Strelok sunk in the Battle of Santa Cruz; RFS Jaeger, RFS Boyevoy sunk in the Battle of Savo Island; RFS Feldwebel sunk in the Battle of Cape Esperance. RFS Krieger sunk in Battle of Tassafaronga; RFS Serzhant sunk in the Japanese Operation I-Go, were upgraded with better electronics. Three other ships, RFS Haubitze, RFS Schütze, RFS Belagerung as they sunk in the Battle off Samar later)
[ img ]

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on December 5th, 2014, 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 1:48 am
I would suggest you have a read in Wiki about the French Mogador and Volta. They are near the size of your ship. See what is required in the way of horsepower to get over 40 knots.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 1:51 am
Krakatoa wrote:
I would suggest you have a read in Wiki about the French Mogador and Volta. They are near the size of your ship. See what is required in the way of horsepower to get over 40 knots.
Thanks for the help, I have edited the power generated by the engines

[Profile] [Quote]
Dmitri97
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 2:03 am
225? Thats a massive amount of destroyer for one class, maybe even one navy. Going off the way your country is going it could probably just take over the world if its military just keeps growing like this

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 3:26 am
Dmitri97 wrote:
225? Thats a massive amount of destroyer for one class, maybe even one navy. Going off the way your country is going it could probably just take over the world if its military just keeps growing like this
That was as far as the Rossiyan Navy went during the war. The Rossiyans were slightly paranoid after the Japanese attacked their naval base in Singapore so the Rossiyans went into an almost crazed production frenzy as they build huge amounts of arms to prepare for the war. The naval rearmament program Rossiya underwent was made possible by the fact that Rossiya had 15 very large dry docks for the carriers and battleships, 13 dry docks for the heavy cruisers, light cruisers and light carriers and 20 for the destroyers and submarines. After war, Rossiya didn't build as many ships as she did during the war.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 3:29 am
Edited the Zmeya class destroyer information

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 3:32 am
Rossiya's World War 2 Navy REVISED
  • Battleships
    • Tarina class
      1. Type: Late 1920s Battleship
        Namesake: Field Marshal Hans Tarina
        Construction Period:1928 (3 ships) 1936-1938 (7 ships)
        Main Armament: 12x16 inch guns (1928)
        Secondary Armament: 8x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch HA guns (1928) 8x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch HA guns, 96x25 mm anti-air cannons (1941) 12x5 inch guns, 6x3 inch guns, 96x25mm cannons
        Inspired by: Nagato class battleship and Colorado class battleship
        Number Built: 10 (First Batch: RFS Tarina, RFS Hartmann, RFS Baltland; Second Batch: RFS Vilstermann, RFS Malatov, RFS Romotov, RFS Galland, RFS Daitov, RFS Hermann, RFS Kuikov)
        Current Status: 3 Preserved as Museum ships, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard Reserves
      Morskoye class
      1. Type: Late 1940s Battleship
        Namesake: Grand Admiral Hans von Morskoye
        Construction Period: 1942-1943 (15 battleships)
        Main Armament: 12x16 inch guns (1942)
        Secondary Armament: 20x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air guns, 52x40mm anti-air cannons, 18x25mm anti-air cannons, 90x20 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Montana class battleship, Vanguard class battleship
        Numbers Built: 15 (RFS Morskoye, RFS Androv, RFS Muller, RFS Yakutsk, RFS Vanov, RFS Karlsland, RFS Mark, RFS Russland, RFS Kaiserick, RFS Mauserin, RFS Luger, RFS Lityvak, RFS Nicholas, RFS Wilhelm, RFS Vladir)
        Current Status: 10 still in active service, 5 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
      Kongo class fast battleship
      1. Type: Captured Japanese Fast Battleship
        Number: 1 (Plus three under construction)
      Nagato class battleship
      1. Type: Captured Japanese Battleship
        Number: 1 (Plus one under construction)
      Yamato class battleship
      1. Type: Salvaged and reconstructed Japanese Battleship
        Number 1 (Plus one under construction)
    Battlecruisers
    • Torivok class Battlecruisers
      1. Type: 1930s battlecruiser
        Namesake: Commodore Gerhard Torivok
        Construction Period: 1929-1931
        Main Armament: 8x12 inch guns
        Second Armament: 12x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air cannons 12x25 mm anti-air cannons (1929) 12x5 inch guns, 8x125mm anti-air cannons, 8x100mm anti-air cannons, 27x25 mm anti-air cannons (1939)
        Inspired By: Lexington class battlecruiser, Myoukou class heavy cruiser
        Numbers Built: 20
        Current Status: 5 given to America for Operation Crossroads, 5 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 2 preserved, 1 sunk as an artificial reef, 2 used as target practice, 5 scrapped
      Katakov class Battlecruiser
      1. Type: 1940s battlecruiser
        Namesake: General Aleksandra Katakov
        Construction Period: 1942-1943
        Main Armament: 12x12 inch guns
        Second Armament: 24x5 inch guns, 44x40mm anti-air cannons, 66x25mm anti-air cannons (1942)
        Inspired By: Alaska class heavy cruiser, Kongo class battlecruiser
        Numbers Built: 15
        Current Status: 5 still in active service, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
    Heavy Cruisers
    • Jodl class
      1. Type: Early 1930s Heavy Cruiser
        Namesake: Commodore Heidi Jodl
        Construction: 1929-1930
        Main Armaments: 12x8 inch guns, 4x580mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: 4x120mm anti-air guns, 42x20mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Myoukou class cruiser, Exeter class cruiser
        Number Built: 10
        Current Status: Shoved into the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet in 1934, 2 scrapped in 1945, 2 sunk as gunnery target practice, 2 sunk as bombing targets, 2 sold to Brazil and Republic of Germany (Rossiyan sector of Germany turned Rossiyan supported state in 1948), 2 given to the Americans for Operation Crossroads
      Tesla Class
      1. Type: Late 1930s Heavy Cruiser
        Namesake: Lieutenant Justin Tesla
        Construction Period: 1937-1938
        Main Armament: 12x8 inch guns, 6x610mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: 6x5 inch guns, 2x90 mm anti-air cannons, 16x45 mm anti-air cannons, 54x25 mm anti-air cannons, 8x15 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired By: Wichita class cruiser, Scharnhorst class cruiser
        Number built:10
        Current status: 1 sunk (RFS Hatakov in the Battle of Santa Cruz), 5 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 4 scrapped
      Gornikovna class
      1. Type: 1940s Heavy Cruiser
        Namesake: General Tasha Gornikovna
        Construction Period: 1940-1942
        Main Armaments: 15x8 inch guns, 8x610 mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: 18x5 inch guns, 8x100mm anti-air cannons, 16x40mm anti-air cannons, 36x25 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired By: Takao class cruiser, Admiral Hipper class cruiser
        Number Built: 20
        Current status: 2 as museum class, 10 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 5 in Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 1 given to the Royal Malayan Navy in 1960 as a gift, 1 sunk as a artificial reef, 1 sunk as a target practice.
    Aircraft Carriers
    • Vostok class
      1. Type: 1930s aircraft carrier
        Namesake: City of Vostok
        Construction Period: 1935-1936
        Main Armaments: 80xaircraft, 20x5 inch guns
        Secondary Armaments: 12x90mm anti-air cannons, 56x40mm anti-air cannons, 84x25mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Lexington class aircraft carrier
        Numbers built: 5
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ship, 1 given to the Republic of Germany, 1 given to the India as a independence gift, 1 lost in action (RFS Rusefin, Battle of Midway)
      Kunetova class
      1. Type: 1940s class
        Namesake: State capital of Kunetova, Kunetova
        Construction Period: 1940-1942
        Main Armaments: 100xaircraft, 36x5 inch guns
        Secondary armaments: 36x 90mm anti-air cannons, 64x40mm anti-air guns, 122x35mm anti-air cannons, 220x20 anti-air guns
        Inspired by: Essex class aircraft carrier
        Numbers built: 15
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 2 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 1 sunk as an artificial reef
    Light Cruisers
    • Arachne class
      1. Type: 1930s light cruisers
        Namesake: Mythical Creature Arachne
        Construction Period: 1934-1935
        Main Armaments: 16x6 inch guns, 8x580mm torpedo tubes
        Secondary Armaments: 8x100mm anti-air guns, 42x25mm anti-air guns
        Inspired by: Mogami class light cruiser
        Number built: 25
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 3 sunk in battle (Centaur and Thor sunk in Battle off Guadalcanal, Vampire sunk in Battle off Bougainville) 5 sunk as gunnery target practice, 3 sunk as bombing targets, 2 sunk as missile targets, 5 sunk as artificial reefs, 2 was handed to the Americans for Operation Crossroads, 3 sunk in Operation Vicious (Rossiya's version of Operation Crossroads)
      Ungeheuer class
      1. Type: 1940s light cruisers
        Namesake: Mythical Creature Ungeheuer
        Construction Period: 1941-1942
        Main Armaments: 20x6 inch guns
        Secondary Armaments: 18x5 inch guns, 48x25 mm anti-air cannons
        Inspired by: Cleveland class cruisers
        Numbers Built: 15
        Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 3 sunk as artificial reefs, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet
    Destroyers
    • Kämpfer class
      1. Type: 1930s destroyer
        Main Armaments: 4x5 inch guns, 10x533 mm torpedo tube launchers
        Secondary Armaments: Depth charges
        Inspired by Sims class destroyer
        Number built: 100
        Current status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 10 sunk in combat (RFS Panzer, RFS Angriff & RFS Tankov sunk in Battle off Guadacanal; RFS Vintovka, RFS Mörtel & RFS Rytsar' sunk in the Battle off Savo Island; RFS Seekrieg sunk off the Bougainville, RFS Blitz, RFS Zaryazhat' sunk in an engagement in the Bismarck Sea; RFS Voyna sunk in the Mediterrainen) 5 sunk as torpedo target practice, 10 sunk for gunnery target practice, 15 sunk as bombing target, 5 sunk in Operation Vicious, 10 given to Republic of Germany, 5 given to Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, 5 given to the Republic of China's Navy, 10 were sunk as artificial reefs, 20 scrapped
    Zmeya class
    1. Type: 1940s destroyers
      Main Armaments: 10x5 inch guns, 10x610 torpedo tube launchers,
      Secondary Armaments: 24x40mm anti-air guns, 15x25mm anti-air guns, depth charges
      Inspired by: Fletcher class destroyer, Akizuki class destroyer
      Numbers built: 205
      Current Status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 15 sunk in combat (RFS Grenadier & RFS Donner sunk in the Atlantic; RFS Maschinengewehr and RFS Sturmgewehr sunk in the Mediterranean; RFS Okhranniki sunk in the Battle of the Coral Sea; RFS Granata sunk in the Battle off Midway; RFS Strelok sunk in the Battle of Santa Cruz; RFS Jaeger, RFS Boyevoy sunk in the Battle of Savo Island; RFS Feldwebel sunk in the Battle of Cape Esperance. RFS Krieger sunk in Battle of Tassafaronga; RFS Serzhant sunk in the Japanese Operation I-Go; RFS Haubitze, RFS Schütze, RFS Belagerung sunk in the Battle off Samar) 50 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 30 in Rossiyan Coast Guard, 20 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 15 given to Republic of Germany, 10 given to Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, 10 given to Republic of China Navy, 10 given to Republic of Korea's Navy, 10 given to West German Navy, 10 given to Italian Navy, 10 sold to Brazil, 10 sold to Mexico, 10 sold to Greece, 5 sold to Turkey, 10 sunk as artificial reefs
Submarines
  • Dukh class
    1. Type: 1930s submarine
      Main Armaments: 4x533 torpedo tubes
      Secondary Armament: 1x5 inch gun
      Inspired by: Type B3 class, River class
      Number built: 80
      Current status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 7 sunk in action, 66 scrapped, 5 sunk as artificial reefs
    Doppelgänger class
    1. Type:1940s submarine
      Main Armaments: 8x610 torpedo tubes
      Secondary armaments: 2x40mm anti-air gun, 2x35mm anti-air guns, 2x25mm anti-air guns (1942), 2x25mm anti-air guns (1943)
      Inspired by: Type IX-D class submarine, Gato-class submarine
      Number built: 100
      Current status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 5 sunk in action, 35 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 40 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 10 scrapped, 5 sunk as artificial reefs

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on December 17th, 2014, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 9:52 am
Doppelgänger class Submarine
This is the Rossiyan submarine that helped starve the Japanese war machine, keep the Kriegsmarine surface ships in their bases and duel with German U-boats. This submarine took over from the Dukh class submarines. This class of submarine was called the Doppelgänger class because from a distance, it looked like the Gato class and it you looked at it's hull, you would think it was a Type IX submarine. It was deliberate as to confuse the enemy spotters. The submarines were armed with eight 610mm torpedo tubes ( 4 forward 4 stern) for their main armament and their secondary armaments are 2x40mm anti-air gun, 2x35mm anti-air guns, 2x25mm anti-air guns. They were powered by four pairs of advanced high-powered diesel marine engines generating 9250 shp which gave these submarines a surface top speed of 21 knots and a submerged speed of 7 knots. There were 100 of these submarines stalking the waters around the world. They were manned by a crew of 60 sailors. Unfortunately 5 sunk during their patrols. These submarines were often nicknamed by allies and foes alike as super sharks because of the bow art.
This is RFS Doppelgänger and how her sisters looked when they were commissioned in 1942.
[ img ]
After 1943, it was decided that the deck guns were a hassle so, the 40 mm cannons, and the 35 mm cannons were removed. The 20 mm cannons were retained for just in case.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 10:31 am
Re the Zmeya's I would drop the armor, it's just too thin to be of any use and adds weight the design can't handle...

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: December 5th, 2014, 1:10 pm
eltf177 wrote:
Re the Zmeya's I would drop the armor, it's just too thin to be of any use and adds weight the design can't handle...
I had done that

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 33 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3547 »

Jump to: