Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 31 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3390 »
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 13th, 2011, 3:18 pm
Very nice designs!
The pinkish propeller disc on the flying Lindwurm is kinda ugly though ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 13th, 2011, 6:36 pm
This is absolutely wonderful. I've wondered what any Bismarck class would appear like post-war (whether the Germans won or not).

If I could, Ashley, suggest one thing? Its not really for any drawing, but rather as a summary of your fleet as it is now. Would it be possible to come up with a list of the major ships operating in your Kriegsmarine? With all of these pages, and what else is running through your mind, I kind of want to see the full expanse of what is really being added to your fleet.

If you do decide to do this, thanks a lot, Ashley.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 13th, 2011, 7:49 pm
my H45 is getting completed but stills not like an H45...

soon in the begginers topic

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 13th, 2011, 8:25 pm
How about naming ships after naval heroes? I don't know if they were Nazis or not, but how about big ships with names like Gunther Prien and Otto Kretschmer? And if Bismarck's cruise was successful and she eventually made it home in this timeline, ships with names like Gunther Lutjens and Ernst Lindemann probably wouldn't be too far-fetched either.

Thoughts, anyone?

P.S.: I'm not trying to start a political discussion here, just suggesting possible names for future ships. :)

Best,

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 13th, 2011, 8:31 pm
Thank you for your kind comments.

The pinkish prop will disappear with corrected rudders.

A fleet summary. Yes, but that will take some time.

H45. Ok. But you know, Mitch is still working on his one? However, we will like to see yours.

The names Prien, Kretschmer, Lindemann and Lutjens would be good.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 13th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Fast response, Ashley. I will await the summary with great interest.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 14th, 2011, 2:48 am
Just thought of a couple more: Bernhard Rogge and Karl Donitz. And what about naming one of the 1950s-era big ships after the most famous raider of them all, Atlantis?

-Matt

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 14th, 2011, 2:54 am
I would have thought Donitz would have been a massive sub tender or a over sized sub

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 14th, 2011, 6:09 am
A sub cruiser, yes that would fit! No, a sub battleship! :twisted:

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 14th, 2011, 6:41 am
Better idea...since the U.S. Navy has a Submarine School, why shouldn't the Kriegsmarine have the same thing? Name the Kriegsmarine's Submarine School after Donitz.

Thoughts?

-Matt

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 31 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3390 »

Jump to: