Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 16  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 616 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 9:25 am
the funnel is blocking the aft SEAMASTER radar, and the goalkeeper might be a bit too expensive for an ship like this... other then that quite interesting!

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 5:18 pm
Maybe I will move the exhaust to under the wings..as for Goalie...should I look for a different CIWS? Or place some MGs instead?

Edit; (because its not worth post padding or a bump since I can't upload until tomorrow at least. Arrrrgh)

To do list for RoT

Finish WIP designs

Dominator SLEP/Overhaul/upgrade(research phase.)

Old fleet designs (fairly easy, since Tequilapoli doesn't have much experience with own-designed ships.

I've been drawing a lot lately due to a torn ACL, which limits my ability to get out and do stuff outside. Again forgive me if I ramble or talk crazy. It's just the meds.

Last edited by Navybrat85 on October 10th, 2011, 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 7th, 2011, 7:49 am
What about the ARIS VI CIWS?Look in page 4 of my thread Hellenian Kingdom.Another solution could be 2 Typhoons of 2 Marlins.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 7th, 2011, 9:35 pm
Maybe I could design my own CIWS...I kinda like the 25mm gattling design...maybe somethink like an LAV-AD mount? 25mm gun and four stingers?

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 8th, 2011, 5:36 am
Looks good idea.With 25mm I think you will have a killing range about 500-2000m for a missile.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 8th, 2011, 9:26 am
the fact is an CIWS might not be needed, more important is it's surface mode. I return to you later on this, have to fix some stuff right now

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 8th, 2011, 2:02 pm
Fit it without Stinger, with the intended role of anti surface point defense...there aren't too many boats under 30 meters long (gunboats, pir*te skiffs, etc) that can take a volley from a 25mm gattling gun. And remain serviceable. Combine that with the mk 110 (itself with a rather prodigious rate of fire) I think being within a few kilometers of this ship becomes hazardous to the health of anyone unfriendly to The Republic.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 8th, 2011, 2:10 pm
sounds good to me. only the goalkeeper would be an really bad fit because it is expensive, has large deck penetration and it has no surface mode.
the Dutch new OPV carries an oto melara 30 mm marlin mount, 2 12.7 hitrole mounts and an oto 76. although I think that one is a bit too less in air defence (only the 76 has an AA mode) it gives an idea what you might want.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 9th, 2011, 7:56 pm
Okay. I am thinking the 25mm gun is going to be a modular "plug and play" system: bolt it to the deck, plug it in, set up a console in the CIC or Bridge, and fire at will. Sensors should be probably a visual cluster with thermal imaging, IR, and HD daytime video. Possibly allow integration with surface search radar for target cueing?

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 11th, 2011, 8:01 am
Dominator CG Upgrade/Modernization:

The Navy plans to upgrade and modernize it's four Dominator-class Guided Missile Cruisers as follows:

Upgrade Phalanx mounts to latest variants

Upgrade Mk. 41 to accept ESSM and latest Standard blocks

replace worn out LM2500 engines with new LM2500+ powerplants

Upgrade the sonar

Upgrading the Vertical loading guns with a new, longer barrel, and the capability to fire modern 155mm artillery shells.

Perhaps the most ambitious part, though, is not yet confirmed. The Navy is rumored to be considering replacing the existing sensors with a modern APAR/SMART-L arrangement, similar to the soon-to-be commissioned Frigate.

The upgraded Dominator will be up at some point this week. Still haven't decided if I like the APAR/SMART-L arangement, or if I need to reconfigure the ship some more.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 16  [ 154 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 616 »

Jump to: