Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 10  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 610 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: September 8th, 2010, 12:25 am
Triton wrote:
What are the walls on the sides of the carrier supposed to be?
Embellishments to make it look cool and future-y.

I am so not being sarcastic either that's seriously what they're there for. Half the stuff they design for anime has this as their sole criteria.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: September 8th, 2010, 6:18 am
Triton wrote:
What are the walls on the sides of the carrier supposed to be?
I am not really sure (because I can't read Japanese that good) but I think these were on to give the ship an stealth look. for their role..... other then something for keeping the ECM panels in positions , I have no clue. (if anybody out here can read japanese, I have some great pages from the artbook, and I'd love to see them translated ;) )

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: September 12th, 2010, 9:42 am
[ img ]
some small changes, and the stern is now almost finished. I will start on the bow and the aircraft soon

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 3:27 pm
finally this ship is finished. I think this is one of the largest ships ever drawn on shipbucket.....
I will edit it at least on time more though, because I want to add the ffr-41 mave 'yukikaze' to it.
I hope at least some of you like this ship, and if I have made some style mistakes please point them out.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 3:28 pm
Lovely done

[Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 5th, 2010, 6:21 am
Awesome design. Still looks like an accident. Even if it's a ship from an animated series, what are those humps and hunches? Is it shown or explained in the series? Many pixel errs midships.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 5th, 2010, 1:41 pm
Ashley wrote:
Awesome design. Still looks like an accident. Even if it's a ship from an animated series, what are those humps and hunches? Is it shown or explained in the series? Many pixel errs midships.
I know about the pixel errors... there are a lot of other errors as well. I did this ship for practise and to study the design a bit, but at the end I just didn't wanted to draw everything..... maybe I will fix it later, but I want to do some real life and wingedheroes ships first. if somebody wants to take over........ just ask, although I don't think anybody wants to do this bastard ;) the bridge is perfectly finished, as are the underwater hull and the large ecm/radar superstructure parts, but all other is just undetailed and formless on most points. the shape is right, but that's about it :D

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 5th, 2010, 2:30 pm
Ashley wrote:
Awesome design. Still looks like an accident. Even if it's a ship from an animated series, what are those humps and hunches?
Like I Said, they're there to look cool and future-y. If you can't understand this then have fun getting a headache trying to rationalize this:

[ img ]

Yes, they're standing on a freakin' galaxy.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 5th, 2010, 2:39 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Ashley wrote:
Awesome design. Still looks like an accident. Even if it's a ship from an animated series, what are those humps and hunches?
Like I Said, they're there to look cool and future-y.
you're right about that :D I might make a version of this ship how it SHOULD be build, without parts that only get in the way, but with the same equipment and size to match the specs..... but that will only be done after I think I have done enough good looking designs first
Quote:
[ img ]
WTF! never knew gurren lagann was that insane, I knew it was insane but this is just..... well.....

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Anime shipsPosted: October 5th, 2010, 5:52 pm
Sorry to be the skeleton at the feast (not); but I can't quite get the bridge in relation to the Phalanx; either the phalanx is massive (which it obviously isn't); or the bridge is manned by hampsters. Don't trouble me with an answer: its a bit like being at the tea party in Alice In Wonderland, and enquiring about the tea blend :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 10  [ 100 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 610 »

Jump to: