Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3090 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 26th, 2011, 11:56 am
Well the props appear to be disconnected from the shafts on the drawing, hence my asking.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 26th, 2011, 12:01 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
Well the props appear to be disconnected from the shafts on the drawing, hence my asking.
That's correct. The outer screws are removed, the shafts sealed. The mid screw remains.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 26th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Ah, fair enough then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: CLAA Frankfurt Invasion 1946 camoPosted: August 29th, 2011, 1:12 pm
The Frankfurt as anti aircraft cruiser, now with 12,8cm DPs, all 2cm replaced by 3cm, 3,7cm replaced by 5,5cm, new radars, shafts corrected, bow corrected, painted in 1946 invasion camo.
Armament is now 12 x 5" DP (6x2), 12 x 5,5cm (6x2 unshielded), 30x3cm (10x1, 5x4), 6x53,3cm Torps (2x3)
[ img ]
As proven 2cm shells are survivable, a 3cm hit means another strip on the barrel. And with the DPs replacing the old 6"-turrets and the 10,5cm aa allover combined with the sophisticated german radartechnology this ship would have been an enormous threat for any strafing attacker.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 29th, 2011, 2:47 pm
This continues to be an interesting AU, one of the few worth visiting.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 29th, 2011, 7:14 pm
How many CLs did the Germans have from 1928 onward in this timeline? Here's what I can gather thus far:

One Emden-class (Emden)
Three K-class (Konigsberg, Karlsruhe, & Koln)
Two Leipzig-class (Leipzig & Frankfurt...were there more?)
One Nurnberg-class (Nurnberg...possibly more?)

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: August 29th, 2011, 8:21 pm
emperor_andreas wrote:
How many CLs did the Germans have from 1928 onward in this timeline? Here's what I can gather thus far:

One Emden-class (Emden)
Three K-class (Konigsberg, Karlsruhe, & Koln)
Two Leipzig-class (Leipzig & Frankfurt...were there more?)
One Nurnberg-class (Nurnberg...possibly more?)

-Matt
No, for reality that's it. The Z-plan saw 6 units of the M-class and 26 units Spähkreuzer (what still is more a large destroyer than a cruiser). Maybe I'll add some other units. For this AU I haven't made any decisions. There were two Tiger-class cruisers taken after the invasion. Then we have the netherlands cruisers and the french ones. Maybe some italian prey. Let's see. Once I have some time left I will do a complete timeline.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Patrouillenboot P-1 class 1946Posted: August 31st, 2011, 9:10 am
Now for a small craft class: Patrouillenboot P-1 class
Length 27,50m Speed 20,5kn Armament: 1x5,5 cm, 2x3cm (twin)
This class was introduced as standard class to replace the old 'Vorpostenboote'.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: PG Kanonenboot class 1946Posted: September 1st, 2011, 7:30 am
The Z-plan saw several gunboat designs, that diferred from the classic gunboat role. The 1946 design returns to that with a 5000 to ship, much space for marines, four armed cutters, two Weserflug VTOLs with hanger, a finally large scale of armament: 2x5" twin DP, 3x5,5cm twin, 4x3cm twin with ammo-lift, 4x2cm, 2x3 torp launchers, several fixed MG-mounts all over the ship. Main task of these ships was hunting down surviving rebels from the occupied european countries spread all over the world.
The magenta stripes marks the ship for southern pacific missions. [ img ]
The long foreship is somehow ungermanish, but as the ship is designed for long range missions without further support at far eastern waters I think it's a 'must have'.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: September 1st, 2011, 7:41 am
This design would indicate an exeptionally wide beam, given the demands of a hanger either side of the funnel for the two tilt-rotor aircraft (plus two cutters), and they would seem to need more space than a helicopter. Also, I'm not sure why you have situated the superstructure so far aft, giving a long bow that is not being much used; and maybe more space aft would help with the landing spot and hangar. Also, with the cutters, I don't see any cranes. These queries apart, still very interesting and innovative :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3090 »

Jump to: