Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2847 »
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 12:10 am
Vostok class Aircraft Carrier
After their debut in 1936, the 5 Vostok class aircraft carriers were made the pride of the Rossiyan Navy but they still need upgrades so in 1942, all five carriers, Vostok, Miev, Rusefin, Karsk and Nubacica were sent to the shipyards for upgrades, which basically an electronics upgrade with new radio and radar systems. They were also given the "bow art" that the ships built in the 1940s were given
[ img ]
In 1944, these carriers except for RFS Rusefin which sunk in the Battle of Midway underwent minor upgrades, mainly replacing of the air search radar.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 3:51 am
Now for the light cruisers of the World War 2 Rossiyan Navy
  • Arachne class
    1. Type: 1930s light cruisers
      Namesake: Mythical Creature Arachne
      Construction Period: 1934-1935
      Main Armaments: 16x6 inch guns, 8x580mm torpedo tubes
      Secondary Armaments: 8x100mm anti-air guns, 42x25mm anti-air guns
      Inspired by: Mogami class light cruiser
      Number built: 25
      Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 3 sunk in battle (Centaur and Thor sunk in Battle off Guadalcanal, Vampire sunk in Battle off Bougainville) 5 sunk as gunnery target practice, 3 sunk as bombing targets, 2 sunk as missile targets, 5 sunk as artificial reefs, 2 was handed to the Americans for Operation Crossroads, 3 sunk in Operation Vicious (Rossiya's version of Operation Crossroads
    Ungeheuer class
    Type: 1940s light cruisers
    Namesake: Mythical Creature Ungeheuer
    Construction Period: 1941-1942
    Main Armaments: 20x6 inch guns, 5x610 mm torpedo tube launchers
    Secondary Armaments: 18x5 inch guns, 48x25 mm anti-air cannons
    Inspired by: Cleveland class cruisers
    Numbers Built: 15
    Current Status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 3 sunk as artificial reefs, 10 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 5:12 am
Arachne class light cruiser
These cruisers, all twenty five of them underwent some modernization during the course of the war. In 1942, they given air search radars as at the time, the air was still filled with threats of Japanese air attacks.
[ img ]
Between 1943 to 1944, surface radars were installed as well as the Japanese lost control of the air but they installed an upgraded radar.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 5:49 am
List of Rossiyan destroyers serving World War 2
  • Kämpfer class
    1. Type: 1930s destroyer
      Construction Period: 1935-1936
      Main Armaments: 4x5 inch guns, 10x533 mm torpedo tube launchers
      Secondary Armaments: Depth charges
      Inspired by Sims class destroyer
      Number built: 100
      Current status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 5 sunk as torpedo target practice, 10 sunk for gunnery target practice, 15 sunk as bombing target, 5 sunk in Operation Vicious, 10 given to Republic of Germany, 5 given to Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, 5 given to the Republic of China's Navy, 20 were sunk as artificial reefs, 20 scrapped
    Zmeya class
    1. Type: 1940s destroyers
      Main Armaments: 10x5 inch guns, 10x610 torpedo tube launchers,
      Secondary Armaments: 24x40mm anti-air guns, 15x25mm anti-air guns, depth charges
      Inspired by: Fletcher class destroyer, Akizuki class destroyer
      Numbers built: 215
      Current Status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 50 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 40 in Rossiyan Coast Guard, 30 in Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 15 given to Republic of Germany, 10 given to Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, 10 given to Republic of China Navy, 10 given to Republic of Korea's Navy, 10 given to West German Navy, 10 given to Italian Navy, 10 sold to Brazil, 10 sold to Mexico, 10 sold to Greece, 10 sold to Turkey, 10 sunk as artificial reefs

Last edited by OberstAmiruddin on November 23rd, 2014, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 5:53 am
Kämpfer class destroyer
The hundred destroyers built as the Kämpfer class were in need of upgrade so in 1941, new electronics were installed onto the ships. This was the only upgrade done to the ships as newer destroyers were already begun to appear
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 9:25 am
Rossiyan World War 2 Submarines
  • Dukh class
    1. Type: 1930s submarine
      Construction Period: 1935-1936
      Main Armaments: 4x533 torpedo tubes
      Secondary Armament: 1x5 inch gun
      Inspired by: Type B3 class, River class
      Number built: 80
      Current status: 2 preserved as museum ships, 73 scrapped, 5 sunk as artificial reefs
    Doppelganger class
    1. Type:1940s submarine
      Main Armaments: 8x610 torpedo tubes
      Secondary armaments: 2x40mm anti-air gun, 2x35mm anti-air guns, 2x25mm anti-air guns
      Inspired by: Type IX-D class submarine, Gato-class submarine
      Number built: 100
      Current status: 5 preserved as museum ships, 40 in the Rossiyan Reserve Fleet, 40 in the Rossiyan National Naval Guard, 10 scrapped, 5 sunk as artificial reefs

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 9:28 am
The Dukh class submarines were not modernized as they were already quite good at their job and the Rossiyan Navy was busy constructing new warships and modernizing other ships

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 9:35 am
I will begin posting the 1940s ships soon and since I have posted the lists of ships, you have a rough idea of what is coming

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 11:06 am
Morskoye class battleship
This behemoth of the seas was second class battleships, the Rossiyans built during the Second World War. This class named after Grand Admiral Hans von Morskoye, commander in chief of the Rossiyan Navy when Rossiya first declared its independence. It was a massive battleship class which was armed with 12x16 inch guns which were capable or reaching out to 36 km. This class of battleships were also bristling with secondary armaments which were 20x5 inch guns, 10x100mm anti-air guns, 52x40mm anti-air cannons, 108x25mm anti-air cannons. They were adequately armoured with 16 inches of belt armour at it's thickest and its deck armour was 9.5 inches thick. It had fourteen heavy duty diesel turbine engines created 180,000 shp or 134 MW. This class of battleship has a top speed of 30 knots. It had a range of 17000 nm at 15 knots. It had a massive crew of about 2650 sailors. There were 15 of these "Monster of the Sea" by the end of 1942. Rossiya or to precise Rossiyan sailors also started the bow art trend with this class of ships, with the first on the RFS Morskoye.
This is RFS Morskoye in 1942 as she was commissioned, her sisters built exactly the same
[ img ]
Later in 1944, they received better electronics and radars and this is what they look like after the modernization
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: November 23rd, 2014, 11:15 am
could you please stop posting 11 posts all after each other? there is an edit button for a reason.
also, is there a reason you do not reply to my comment?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2847 »

Jump to: