Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2876 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 13th, 2012, 2:32 pm
And, obviously you're not paying attention before posting, since had you done, you'd know there's a new, correct Mk13 Tartar launcher...

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 14th, 2012, 12:29 pm
Yes,I saw the new Mk13.But is the ship plausible?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 14th, 2012, 1:04 pm
it would work more or less, but!
- you want this ship instead of the tromp because of cost. cost is mainly from systems, radars and weapons. this ship has almost exactly the same weapons fit and an similar radar fit as the tromp, so the cost will not be lower.
- you have an warship designed for the atlantic, even more then the tromps. I do not know where and under which circumstances you want to use these ships, but I doubt it will have much in common with the atlantic
- the weapons setup, while good in specs, has an horrible layout.
- 90% of your parts are still outdated ones
- the lower one has an 3d/targeting radar, an targeting radar (the egg) an nav radar and 2 air search radars, if I see it correct. low cost and that? I doubt it.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: February 14th, 2012, 1:11 pm
In cold war era,Soviets had Pr.61 Kashin in Black Sea,so I need something to counter that (even though Soviets were never a threat for Hellenic Kingdom).So,I need a DDG for Black Sea,which ship to use?

P.S 1 The egg is for the Mk42.
P.S 2 RHN in Aegean Sea and East Meditterranean has 4 Kimon Class DDG (Chacles F.Adams) and 2 "HDDG" (Heavy Guided Missile Destroyers) of Lysandros Class.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: March 8th, 2012, 1:36 pm
After an international contest in 1958,Royal Hellenic Air Force chose the Blackburn Buccaneer as a strike aircraft.84 units made by license at the State Hellenic Aircraft Factory from 1962 to 1966.This variant had the factory designation S.52H and RHAF classified it as EF-202.All aircrafts were powered by the RR Spey Mk101 with 11100lbf thrust through all their life.Originally there were 3 variants [EF-202K,which served as buddy-buddy refueller-12,EF-202N which served in 352 Naval Squadron,flying by Navy pilots (trained by Air Force),although Air Force kept the maintenance-8 units) and finally the EF-202B,the regular bomber/strike variant of RHAF,flying by pilots of 119 Squadron-58 units)].In late 1960's to early 1970's about 20 EF-202B modified to carry the AS-37 Martel for SEAD missions (creating the EF-202RD) and in early 1980's several more EF-202B modified to Electronic Warfare variant with indigenous equipment in pods or in bomb bay.Buccaneers in Hellenic Service test almost everything RHAF has in its EW weaponry today.
RHAF Buccanneers were painted in their first years at colors similar with Royal Navy aircrafts but with light grey instead of antiflash white and in early 1970's all were painted in "Vietnam" like camo,since this suits very well to hellenic landscape.The Naval Buccanneers retained their original paint up to 1987,when RHN decide to paint them with the unique "Aegean Ghost" Camo because these were mostly flying above sea.
After 44 years of service the Buccanner retired,one unit of each variant is preserved in Hellenic Air Force Museum (AU),some are in store and one is still flying as a test platform for the Air Force Research & Development Center.Some examples of new weapons this aircraft,the "428", tested through the years (from 1990):

-Perseus Thermobaric ASM (OMI-57)
-ASM OMI-37B (turbojet variant of Exocet AM-39)
-LGB Type Bombs (Laser Guided Bombs,similar with Paveway but developed by AFRDC)
-Laser Guided 2.75" rockets for UCAVs
-Small Anti-Radar Missile OMI-94 (similar with AGM-122 Sidearm,can be used from aircrafts or helicopters)
-ASM Sword (E-142),developed with assistance from Russia (Hermes Missile)-will entered service in early 2013

[ img ]

Last edited by odysseus1980 on March 9th, 2012, 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: March 8th, 2012, 6:01 pm
I applaud such good taste. the Bucc, in Greek service would have been a very potent aircraft :)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: March 8th, 2012, 6:47 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
P.S I found a study about CPCX but it did not had specifications (except of engines).Does anyone can provide link?

The Presentation [Here] breaks out some of the specs that are in the paper.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: March 8th, 2012, 9:14 pm
You've removed the credits.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: March 9th, 2012, 4:29 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
After an international contest in 1958,Royal Hellenic Air Force chose the Blackburn Buccaneer as a strike aircraft.84 units made by license at the State Hellenic Aircraft Factory from 1962 to 1966.This variant had the factory designation S.52H and RHAF classified it as EF-202.All aircrafts were powered by the RR Spey Mk101 with 11100lbf thrust through all their life.Originally there were 3 variants [EF-202K,which served as buddy-buddy refueller-12,EF-202N which served in 352 Naval Squadron,flying by Navy pilots (trained by Air Force),although Air Force kept the maintenance-8 units) and finally the EF-202B,the regular bomber/strike variant of RHAF,flying by pilots of 119 Squadron-58 units)].In late 1960's to early 1970's about 20 EF-202B modified to carry the AS-37 Martel for SEAD missions (creating the EF-202RD) and in early 1980's several more EF-202B modified to Electronic Warfare variant with indigenous equipment in pods or in bomb bay.Buccaneers in Hellenic Service test almost everything RHAF has in its EW weaponry today.
RHAF Buccanneers were painted in their first years at colors similar with Royal Navy aircrafts but with light grey instead of antiflash white and in early 1970's all were painted in "Vietnam" like camo,since this suits very well to hellenic landscape.The Naval Buccanneers retained their original paint up to 1987,when RHN decide to paint them with the unique "Aegean Ghost" Camo because these were mostly flying above sea.
After 44 years of service the Buccanner retired,one unit of each variant is preserved in Hellenic Air Force Museum (AU),some are in store and one is still flying as a test platform for the Air Force Resrarch & Development Center.
Well looks like someone took my suggestion :)

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Hellenian KingdomPosted: March 9th, 2012, 10:09 am
Yes, it would be nice to see credits!!! Good job by the way

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 76  [ 756 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2876 »

Jump to: