Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 9th, 2010, 6:49 pm
Not wanting to get drawn out into some big debate here but why not compile a new sticky thread with a template of what makes a good AU scenario, ya know what to avoid and what not. Would avoid the accusations of favouritism and if it was locked when created would require no work to keep it as that good example.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 9th, 2010, 9:26 pm
... that's what I've been trying to do, but each time I make the list I end up deleting it for fear of angering people. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Finfan
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 9th, 2010, 10:15 pm
Colosseum wrote:
... that's what I've been trying to do, but each time I make the list I end up deleting it for fear of angering people. :P
Do it, if people get butthurt because their AU/RP/w.e is bad, then thats their problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
TurretHead
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 9th, 2010, 11:12 pm
When in Rome do as the Romans.

So even though I came here to draw tanks and planes I’m going to finish drawing the Rhodesian Navy first! My plan is to draw the ships in the shipbucket templates with the page B sides and also do a history document with some stuff on changing orders of battles and insignia. So the worklist is:

Shipbucket Templates and B Sides:
TR1700 submarine
Sea Dagger mini submarine (and the slightly different Rhodesian equivalent)
MEKO 140 H corvette (I want to add the hull of the ship)
Saar 4 strike craft (I also want to add the hull)
Saar 4 fire support craft
Muramba 7 patrol craft (based on the M80 Stiletto which is why I drew it)
Muramba 4 landing craft (based on Signalli LC30)
Murambas 1, 2, 3 and 6 combat boats (18m and 24m long day boats)
Muramaba 5 raiding boat (12m long rigid raider)

I also want to draw the Muramba 3 combat boat and 7 patrol craft in the larger 20 pixels equals 1m scale of FD Vehicles. And a Shipbucket scale page with the different maritime aircraft of the RhAF. Also supporting this will be an improved ‘Short History of the RhN’ with a timeline document. Orders of battle in 1980 and 1991 and a badges, ranks and uniforms page (in pixel art).

I’m thinking of doing a pixel art on uniforms with a scale of about 6 pixels equals one inch. Which would mean a typical six foot man would be 432 pixels high which would fit 8-10 men on a large template page.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 10th, 2010, 2:30 am
Blackbuck wrote:
Not wanting to get drawn out into some big debate here but why not compile a new sticky thread with a template of what makes a good AU scenario, ya know what to avoid and what not. Would avoid the accusations of favouritism and if it was locked when created would require no work to keep it as that good example.

I've been thinking about doing just that - documenting, step-by-step, how to make a good AU with detailed explanations all the way...but I just don't have the time right now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 10th, 2010, 5:16 am
A step-by-step guide, or tutorial will go a long way in avoiding all the agrevation our moderators go through when some half-baked ideas crop up from time to time (that being the reason for the beginner's forum in the old forum).
Also a guide like that will certainly help those who are toying with the idea, but refrain to do so , from faer of being ridiculed or worse.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 10th, 2010, 7:21 am
I dont want to be an jackass, but arnt you guys way of-topic and making this topic dirty with it?

Colo just create the how to topic. Then you can finally see better au's pop op in this forum.

Mitch
:geek:

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 10th, 2010, 12:42 pm
guys remember, we are forum for Shipbucket drawings. If you want to compete in field of AU scenarios, AH-forum and such migth be proper places. Now, back on drawing ships...

[Profile] [Quote]
Finfan
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 10th, 2010, 2:52 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
guys remember, we are forum for Shipbucket drawings. If you want to compete in field of AU scenarios, AH-forum and such migth be proper places. Now, back on drawing ships...
What would it hurt? This is a sub-forum within the site. As long as people don't start posting their AUs in Real Designs I don't see why any sort of attempt to produce better AUs could be detrimental.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Rhodesia 1991Posted: August 10th, 2010, 3:13 pm
Quote:
What would it hurt? This is a sub-forum within the site. As long as people don't start posting their AUs in Real Designs I don't see why any sort of attempt to produce better AUs could be detrimental.
Becouse either you can come up with good AU scenarios or not. It's all down to your own imagination. You either have it or not. And even if you have it, it takes years or decades to come up with what I consider "good" AU ideas. Take a look at Psilander's AU Sweden, it existed before the whole Shipbucket...

If we start to come up with "instructions for good AU" we just create a setup for masses of those making AU ideas which lacks proper imagination to support it. We end up with "AU" threads all repeating each others.

But this discussion aint for this thread nor Topic, let this be preseved to TurretHead's ideas.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: