Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 16  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 516 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 6:28 am
well.... I will try to help you with the missing systems.
-APAR: please use the newest version. the APAR + SMART-L combo does both surface and air search, so you can scrap the surface radar of your list.... an nav radar is needed thought
- satcoms: you have 2 huge ones on the sides of your mast. IDK about your hangar arrangement, but if you would put the goalkeeper a bit more to the stern you could fit some extra satcoms between the radar and the GK.
- if I see it correctly, your ships is more or less the same size as the dutch LCF, with an similar role as well... so you might want to use the same electronic warfare suite, that consists of 3 parts: one unit before the bridge, one unit on the rear of the hangar and an combined antenna on top of the APAR. it has to be said though, that these systems are never placed on some of the LCF's because they did not work too good........ you could also take the system of the M-frigate, and you could also (as you suggest) just slam the US system on it.
- you should give the forward goalkeeper a bit more space underneath, right now... well it would fit, but only just.
- the angle of your funnel looks very steep, I would lower it a bit and by that make possible to lower the SMART-L a few pixels...

it is kinda interesting to see how you mixed very stealth parts with non-stealth parts.... was that intentional?

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 6:50 am
Should I slide the forward Goalie back a pixel or 2? or try and move the deck out? There's not much room up front between the superstructure and the missile launcher.

As far as stealth, most of the non-stealth was probably mistakes by me.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 6:59 am
the GK: you'll need about 4-5 pixels more space forward. you could move it more aft, that depends on the firing angle you want it to have, but if possible I would recommend to enlarge that deck a bit.....
and for non-stealth: mostly the bow and stern. that said, this is still around burke level stealth, but looking at the systems I would say this is an newer design, isn't it :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 7:12 am
I can live with Burkeish rcs... I could cover or remove the aft cutouts to reduce or eliminate their signature. Also move the torpedo tubes below decks as in the cruiser on page one. the COGAS does help reduce the heat signature though, since the high temperature GT exhaust is used to make steam, in the process cooling the exhaust gases.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 7:16 am
the aft cutouts.... it would help a lot if you just angled it's corners a bit. the same for the angle of the stern.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 7:23 am
Sounds easy. By the way, I apologize if I ramble a bit. Inability to sleep and narcotic painkillers tend to do that to me.

Also, want to bounce an idea for a new design off you guys...Catamaran OPV? Lightly armed, carrying a helo and a 57mm gun.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 7:47 am
Here's an update:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 7:59 am
I have doubts about the nav radar on top of the APAR, and you should use the newest SLQ drawing..... other then that, quite nice, although it might become hard to moor this ship at the stern without those cutaways.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 8:08 am
Wasn't sure quite where to put the nav radar... And where can I find the latest slq drawing? The forum search wasn't much help so I just went with the basic equipment sheet version. Maybe I will lenghten the single cutout and add some mooring cleats there. Part of the reason for the bulwark on the forecastle was to hide those, since they probably add to rcs quite a bit.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: the Republic of TequilapoliPosted: October 6th, 2011, 9:18 am
Here's a Pirate Hunter...

[ img ]

Leopard Class OPV

Length: 348 feet

Beam: 88 Feet

Draft: 11 feet

Crew: 70, plus up to 150 troops and flight crew

Propulsion: Caterpillar 3618 Marine Diesels

Performance: 45 knots

Range: 3500 miles

Armament: 1 Mk. 110 57mm gun, 1 Goalkeeper CIWS

Electronics: I-Mast 50

Support Craft: 1 x American LR Interceptor and 2 SR Prosecutors

Aircraft: 2 SH-60 Seahawks or 2 SH-65 Dolphins

This vessel, built in Australia, is the fastest ship in the Tequilapoli Navy. Currently, two are in service, with another four on order. These vessels are designed to hunt pirates and interdict smugglers. Their high speed and fast support craft give them an edge on the smugglers. Embarked helicopters allow long-range intercepts in the open ocean. These vessels can also serve as high-speed armed transports.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 16  [ 154 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 516 »

Jump to: