Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 19 of 24  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2124 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 5th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Well it took about five takes to get this ship to what you see now. In hindsight the capability to handle Wessex is the major stumbling block. You can see now wy the Counties had that akward sideways hangar, its just hard to get an aft SAM launcher and two FCR when you need a clear stern and a hangar.
Anyhow here are the never-were versions of this AU ship; (WARNING: you may need shades to protect your eyes!!)
[ img ]
[ img ]

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 5th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Nice, but two of the images aren't showing

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 5th, 2011, 7:31 pm
I can view!

[Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 5th, 2011, 7:40 pm
My computer showed two drawings and two "Photo unavailables"

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 5th, 2011, 9:11 pm
Would the second one really be feasible? It seems much more top-heavy with the extra height added by the bridge placement.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 6th, 2011, 1:16 pm
alternative universe neverwheres?
pure win ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 7th, 2011, 7:21 am
As Blackbuck said,the second one seems too top heavy.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 7th, 2011, 7:22 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
As Blackbuck said,the second one seems too top heavy.
As Hood said these where never were, so that say what it was never built....

[Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 7th, 2011, 7:31 am
Yes,we know that of course,but even an AU ship should be plausible,so I choose the first one.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: October 7th, 2011, 8:39 am
Hood did share his original designs with the rest of the OGFL faction, and the earlier version, with the bridge atop the array structure, was a possibility, and IIRC my own preference was influenced by aesthetics - it just looks a bit odd; but this is probably the most challenging design in the whole AU: nuclear powered and 'double ended' , with a hangar, all on a relatively small hull compared to what the USN could build. Looking at it again I take Hoods point that it is the hangar that creates the problems; so one suggestion (if I may make it at this late stage) is to ditch the hangar and go for a landing spot; the logic being that the ship would be in consort with carriers and other ships with suitable helicopter capacity. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 19 of 24  [ 236 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 117 18 19 20 2124 »

Jump to: