Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1933 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 5th, 2013, 3:58 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Well, it's a very compact design, that's for sure. Your guns look like Bethlehem Steel-inspired 14", maybe in twins? That can work. Your freeboard is wholly acceptable, just add the usual portholes to the hull. Your secondary armament is, however, too much for the estimated displacement. I'd remove, at least one gun, and rearrange the remainder. The foremast and bridge structure are a bit too heavy for your ship. The top platform above the MGFC is redundant, remove it. It doesn't add anything except unnecessary topweight!
Finally, I noticed how you had the 01-level deck extend past the aft funnel. This should not be necessary. What I'd do is deleting that and move my steam pinnaces down there, to the main-deck level. It'll improve stability overall.
Other than that, it's an interesting design. I wish you the best in further improving it!
Most of those features are fore sure more balanced on a 200-meter battleship armed with six twin turrets. Like the Ise class, from which nearly everything above the waterline came.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 5th, 2013, 4:42 pm
To tell you the truth, BB1987, I never did such a thorough check. I only tried to comment on its feasibility. But, now, as you've pointed it out, I can see the resemblances. More the reason then to adequately redraw it to fit this particular design!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 5th, 2013, 5:21 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
To tell you the truth, BB1987, I never did such a thorough check. I only tried to comment on its feasibility. But, now, as you've pointed it out, I can see the resemblances. More the reason then to adequately redraw it to fit this particular design!
Well I did not have to do a thorough check either, i simply remembered of the first version posted on page 12. And of course, being the Ise herself one of my works it would have been strange if i had not noticed her features :P
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 10#p100804

@Kike: I'd follow the advices given by Bezobrazov and it may turn out into a very elegant and balanced ship. If you allow me to make a personal consideration, i thought your first try looked even better. :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 6th, 2013, 11:49 pm
Hello everyone, thanks alot for the advice i have done some modifications to the ship and this is how it looks now so i would like to know
your opinions.

[ img ]

Class & type: Battleship
Displacement: 26,500 tons standard
35,500 tons full load
Length: 192m
Beam: 27m
Draught: 9m
Propulsion:
Direct drive steam turbines
24 boilers
4 shafts
75,000 shp,
Bunkerage: 3,400 tons oil
Speed: 24 knots (44 km/h)
Range: 5,000 nmi (9,000 km) at 12 knots (22 km/h)
Complement: 950–1300
Armament:
As built: 8 × 15-inch guns (4 x 2)
12 × single 6-inch guns

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 7th, 2013, 3:21 am
So, you decided to completely ignore most of my advice? Well, what do you think I'll think? Anyway, right now it's still a flawed design, but it's your design, so you decide what you wanna keep, change or omit.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 7th, 2013, 12:52 pm
I didnt ignore your advice i actually followed alot of it, for example i reduced the size of both mast and as a result i had to reduce the size of the steam pinnaces, and reduced the number of guns, i also made some changes to the hull and as for the guns i had decided long ago that they would be 15 inch guns because it is supossed to be on the same class as the HMS Queen Elizabeth. And the ship that i posted in page 12 was actually made after this, because it is the succesor to this ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 15th, 2013, 12:24 am
This is the new Monagas class fast attack craft, it was designed to meet the Venezuelan navy`s requirements for a replacement for the Falcon class. Among the requirements where higher speed, greater firepower, better sensors, longer range & better protection.

I modified the old Exocet drawings.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 15th, 2013, 2:04 am
Love it....

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
seeker36340
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 15th, 2013, 3:45 am
Looks very Turkish

http://turkishnavyshipbucket.blogspot.c ... h/label/PC

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: December 15th, 2013, 10:40 pm
Cute little frigate, although I question the wisdom of bow thrusters on a semi-planing hull (and really, on any ship of such diminutive size). Certainly you do not need them when you also have a retractable azimuth thruster! The sonar (?), too, seems a little bit dubious.

Are active stabilizers ever used on ships of this sort? They seem out of place (and very large, in any case).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1933 »

Jump to: