Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1690 »
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: January 27th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Thiel wrote:
I would not want to be an engineer on that ship. With so many countries of origin, all the equipment will be build to different standards, it'll be a wonder if everything even fits together.
You know what you're talking about. ;)

Thank god, this is an AU only...:D

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: CLAA Panther changes to egyptian CLG BastetPosted: February 1st, 2011, 10:28 am
In 1951 the Reich donated the CLAA Panther to the Kingdom of Egypt. The light aa was all removed, also the Foehn launchers. The new upcoming jets proved to fast for this kind of defense. The single Taifun launchers were replaced by one triple launcher, model III was replaced by model IV (SAM). Sonar was installed and a Geier-launcher (ASW) installed.
The ex-Panther was gifted to the Kingdom as a replacement for the sunk battleship Echnaton. She was commissioned as CLG Bastet.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 1st, 2011, 11:51 am
Please display the original artists name before yours on any drawings you submit.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 1st, 2011, 5:46 pm
Ashley nice Tiger but too long.Real Tiger was 555ft overall length.You can use this one as a basis if you want. ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Posted: February 3rd, 2011, 3:18 pm
@Bill: I evolved my captured Tiger-class a year ago from a waterline-drawing at the old archive from a drawing with artist unknown.
@Bombhead: thankx, I will do the sistership Panther with your hull

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: SS Vaterland 1944Posted: February 3rd, 2011, 3:25 pm
After the successfull Blitzkrieg of 1939/40 some large liners were layed up. These ships were no beauties and not the fastest but large and functional. Remarkable was the catapult for a small passenger plane (four seats + pilot) and there were places left free on the decks. Places with a good overview, perfect for placing aa there... Another detail were the four large cargo doors the could build massive bridges, each able to stand a weight of 80 tons. Enough for a MBT. But that were all rumors...
This is the Vaterland on its first journey to Argentina in 1944.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 3:42 pm
Image line has been broken :(

[Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 4:22 pm
Quote:
@Bill: I evolved my captured Tiger-class a year ago from a waterline-drawing at the old archive from a drawing with artist unknown
Right. I thought it was Bombheads, and it looks as though there is more of yours than previous, so no objections from me :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 5th, 2011, 6:00 am
Speaking of Vaterland, how about using the 1940s liner of that name (that was never completed, btw) as a troop transport for the DKM?

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 5th, 2011, 6:58 am
...when you said they weren't beauties, you weren't kidding :p

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1690 »

Jump to: