Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1490 »
Ashley
Post subject: Destroyer class 51 of 1948Posted: November 25th, 2010, 10:09 am
The destroyer class 51 with 1948' improvements:
-Taifun-SAM
-Waterbombthrower
-Sonar
-Foehn-launcher
-some minor details
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: CL Emden rebuildt 1941Posted: November 26th, 2010, 12:30 pm
In 1940 the first cruiser of the Kriegsmarine, the Emden, was layed up for an extensive rebuild. The single 6"-guns were replaced by twin-turrets. The whole upper structures were to look like the new M-class cruisers, 4"-twin aa and new directors and radars were installed. The ship would have been ready for Operation sealion, but that was delayed to 1946. The Emden went back to training duty until war came back. She survived and after the fall of the empire she was stricken and replaced by a for training duty converted P-class cruiser.
[ img ]
There was real plan for a refit with 15cm twins, but that doesn't look well engineered. I drew the rebuild as I think it could have looked like.

Last edited by Ashley on November 26th, 2010, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 2:15 pm
Great drawings!

[Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 2:25 pm
As always, most stimulating. If I may ask, on the 1948 class Destroyer, the Taifun sam missile? How is the magazine arranged, is it vertical or horizontal? Because if the former there doesn't appear to be sufficient depth to the hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
As always, most stimulating. If I may ask, on the 1948 class Destroyer, the Taifun sam missile? How is the magazine arranged, is it vertical or horizontal? Because if the former there doesn't appear to be sufficient depth to the hull.
The missiles are stored horizontal behind the launcher in the aft superstructure. I don't think, it could contain more than 8 missiles plus one on the launcher. One deck above the waterbombs are stored, the next deck above holds 5,5cm-ammo. And in the hull below there are crew quarters. As large as this ship is, it's a bit overarmed.

Has anyone done the original Emden of 1925?

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Thanks. I think (then) that you can justify that aspect; though I'd still add a bit more depth to the hull. The Emden hasn't (as far as I know) been done; which is a shame as she was an elegant ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 7:50 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Thanks. I think (then) that you can justify that aspect; though I'd still add a bit more depth to the hull. The Emden hasn't (as far as I know) been done; which is a shame as she was an elegant ship.
true, by '' PSILANDER''

I've the drawings if you want?

[Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 8:19 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
I've the drawings if you want?
Yes please!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 8:53 pm
Attachment:
GECLEmden-1.gif
Attachment:
GECLEmden-2.gif
Attachment:
GEACScharnhorstgrey.gif

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 26th, 2010, 8:54 pm
Attachment:
GEACScharnhorstgrey.gif
Attachment:
GEACScharnhorstGT.gif

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1490 »

Jump to: