Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 6th, 2011, 11:55 pm
CanisD wrote:
Using Firefox I right clicked the pictures to view in a new tab then deleted the ".th" from the url and got the full sized picture.
That doesn't help :cry:

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
whitey_nl
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 12:18 am
Novice wrote:
CanisD wrote:
Using Firefox I right clicked the pictures to view in a new tab then deleted the ".th" from the url and got the full sized picture.
That doesn't help :cry:
Their on the first page at the bottom of teh screen, the originals lacked credits.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 9:46 am
take a look at my last comment.....
and ... AIM-7 AND ESSM????

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 11:20 am
Ace: Yeah, so what? If they have RIM-7 stocks, and are in a lower threat environment, then yes, it sort of makes sense.

Whitey_nl: You also have some out-of-date parts used on the ships. You will want to go through the threads in the Parts Sheets forum to find the latest Otot 76mm, RIM-7, Mk-32 SVTTs, ect.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 11:37 am
Plus, if you have ESSM support, going from one to the other is just a question of replacing the cannister and pushing a button in the control room.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 11:39 am
TimothyC wrote:
Ace: Yeah, so what? If they have RIM-7 stocks, and are in a lower threat environment, then yes, it sort of makes sense.
if you see it that way, it might be good.... but at the same time it would be kinda useless
Quote:
Whitey_nl: You also have some out-of-date parts used on the ships. You will want to go through the threads in the Parts Sheets forum to find the latest Otot 76mm, RIM-7, Mk-32 SVTTs, ect.
as I said before ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 12:10 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
if you see it that way, it might be good.... but at the same time it would be kinda useless
Not really. Modern missiles are expensive, so you only have limited stocks. Better fill out the tubes with less capable missiles than no missiles at all. And even though the ESSM is better, the Sparrow is a perfectly capable SAM

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
whitey_nl
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 2:58 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
take a look at my last comment.....
and ... AIM-7 AND ESSM????
I realize that there may appear to be some redundancy in this, but as others have said, when life gives you lemons, you can still use the slightly older lemons you already have to make a lot more lemonade. Replace a couple cells with the quad packs for the ESSM and you have twice as many SAM's as you would have with just the regular Sparrow. Plus, as this nation lacks a dedicated AAW destroyer (at the moment?) having the longer range ESSM provides a medium-range anti-air capability.

Had forgotten about replacing the parts with the newer versions on the forum, so below is the modified Cabot with the up-to-date parts. May do the same for the St. John's, et al.
[ img ]
Cabot with an updated 76 mm compact and updated Goalkeeper. Even though I love me them navy ships, I can't help but giggle over the pink and green roundel on the Cormorant. Never mess with a country that has pink in it's flag and symbolism, tough beyond measure.

Shall post in a bit with an updated St. John's, but am fooling around with a DDG and some older designs to show the history of this 'what-if' flotilla.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 3:02 pm
I kinda like it now.
2 small points for the parts: if those directors are STIR's, there is an newer drawing for that. also, these torpedo tubes should be changed for the new drawing.
and a last point.... would that helicopter fit in the hangar? I doubt it, but I can be wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Independent State of NewfoundlandPosted: March 7th, 2011, 3:45 pm
I too doubt whether it'll fit. Right now you have about 15cm of head clearance which isn't a lot on a ship that is bouncing up and down.
At the very least doing any kind of maintenance on it while at sea is going to be very hard due to the lack of an overhead crane.
There simply isn't enough space to remove any engine components inside the hangar, and given your patrol area that's an absolute must.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: