Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 34  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 534 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 25th, 2011, 7:16 am
Barnest: I have to agree with MLW on that one, Change the Flag and Name, and we are all good. I know you are a creative person, I have faith in you, or I wouldn't have allowed you to join.

Anyway, MLW, dude, you know the rule, SB drawings only NO JG lol. Unless you want to create a Pax AU thread in Non Shipbucket Drawings.

Onto the DCN Drawings:

Essex Class Carriers (These Essexs unlike their RL Counterparts were designed with Angled decks for Jets. I just learned from PB that it is in fact a Ticonderoga class, an Essex long hull sub-class, which were built with angled decks)
[ img ]

Orca Class SSNs:
[ img ]

Wolphin Class SSKs:
[ img ]

And the Air Superiority Fighter the F-21 Lionhawk/Seahawk (Markings for DCAF, DCN and Pallamaran Forces, also available to fellow Republic Alliance Nations for Export)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 25th, 2011, 9:38 am
Britannia is now the Dystopian Emirates :ugeek:
Flag changed and some history added. Lots more will be added to that first post as things go on :)
I hope that's okay now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 25th, 2011, 6:34 pm
Nice carriers mates,nice aircraft,not sure about the day-glow green angled deck though.Is there an operational reason for this colour ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 25th, 2011, 6:47 pm
A good AU Nighthunter :) , and nice to see the old Oriskany getting another lease of life. One minor concern; you're using the 3"/70 Mk.34, which was a very big beast, and it just won't fit on sponsons, due to the below deck gubbins :(

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 25th, 2011, 7:08 pm
PB, In AU anything is possible :P I understand Update will replace them.

Bombhead, I wanted a glow in the dark green that if neccisary could be covered to hide from an enemy aircraft. It was devised and thought that if the ship lost power at night, the solar charged paint would be a good way for pilots to land at night.

Barnest, Excellent! (in Mr. Burns voice) I look foreward to your productions.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 25th, 2011, 9:24 pm
I was a bit sceptical about the day glow-green. So as an experiment I turned all the lights off and stood at the end of my garden about 40ft away.It stood out like a baboon's arse. :lol: :lol: It definetly works but I can't get used to seeing it on the drawing.I think the rest of the Dragon is good.I'm not sure if you would need the nodding height finder with the modern radar fitted.Novice would know for sure.The boats are better than mine. 8-)I did a better radome at the end of the island on Hermes and Victorious if you want to use it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 26th, 2011, 8:50 pm
Carnac (post obv wip)
[ img ]
The Carnacian Navy has a relatively short history, only transforming from a naval militia of loosely organized, armed merchants to a proper navy in the early 1900s. It has a "2 Channel" commitment, along with it's commitment to the interior sea. This is reflected in the navy's ships, having no carriers but plenty of smaller craft.

Map
coming soon

Navy
Current Fleet
3 Carnac Class DDN
7-8 small SSK
4 Something Class Destroyer
6-8 frigates
14 Costal Class OPV
20 missile boats

Last edited by Carnac on July 1st, 2011, 10:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 26th, 2011, 8:58 pm
The bulk of the Carnacian Navy is made up of the Coastal class offshore patrol vessels. Originally designed in the late 60s and launched from 1965-1970, the Coastal class is tasked with policing the coasts and protecting the channel, as well as limited riverine operations. They are armed with a 76mm gun, and are fitted for (but not with) "Blue Terrier" surface to surface missiles. They carry a Bell Jetranger to extend their field of influence far beyond what their small size may suggest.

[ img ]

Last edited by Carnac on July 1st, 2011, 10:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 26th, 2011, 9:24 pm
nighthunter wrote:
Tau0011 wrote:
The date is 1970, and this is Pax Universalis
Just thought I should point that out

Edit: So it's too early for azipods and Stingers, but otherwise everything should be available.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: June 27th, 2011, 2:47 am
Oh, I missed that :/ But as you said, that simply means what I had planned minus refits.

edit: updated (or rather, downdated)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 34  [ 331 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 534 »

Jump to: