Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 29  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 529 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 9:08 am
didibii wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
Vossiej wrote:
Lol, the 'Destiny' was on of my very first AU cut/past designs. I believe it was to be a super cruiser armed with intercontinental ballistic missiles :roll:
well, if that's the case, I might shorten the helideck a bit, along with the entire hull :D

(btw vossiej, it looks way better than my first designs ;)
Just courious,what did your first design look like?
these are my first 2:
http://acelanceloet.deviantart.com/art/ ... 7883&qo=57
http://acelanceloet.deviantart.com/art/ ... 7883&qo=55

they are the first tries I made in sb scale, and they were the base of the fleet you see in the first post of this topic..... (you will see similar names) but these designs have improved a lot since then.... I was more an aircraft designer then an ship designer back then
Quote:
If I may, your ships look too "different." If you look at the windows you will see what I'm talking about. I would choose one or two and build around those, but thats just me. Other than that, looks great!
there is nothing too different.... look at zumwalt, arleigh burke and nimitz in the US NAVY..... do their bridges look alike? NO, of course not, because they are ships of different ages, types and roles. where have you found info that all ships of an fleet should look alike??

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:31 am
when this ship is finished, the main ships of the fleet are finished, although I am thinking to replace the destiny class cruiser with an multirole destroyer. please give opinions about that.
but first: the siren class antiship/antisbub frigate. it is still an WIP, so look where you see room for improvement. most of the hull and the entire mid and hangar parts are taken from the wyvern class air defence ships.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 6th, 2010, 7:35 am
I looked at your first drawings and you have improved alot... And the siren class is one of my favorate ship that you drew, but it still needs some inprovements like the back where the hanger is needs some fences and dose simple stuff and you could put OTO 76 MM STEALTH rather then the OTO 127 MM LIGHTWEGHT. Becoues i think the MM of a naval connon does not matter much becoues its mostly for artillary. (:

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
primer
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 6th, 2010, 9:07 pm
didibii wrote:
Becoues i think the MM of a naval connon does not matter much becoues its mostly for artillary. (:
:? What? If the guns were only used as artillery then a 155mm gun would be preferable. For a true dual purpose cannon a 127mm would be preferable as it packs a punch with surface targets and still can fire fast enough to act as AAA, if it's only a AAA gun a 76mm would probably be preferable as it fires faster.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
the ship isn't finished (that's why the fences and so on aren't there.) for the gun, I refer to primer's post: this is really an multirole gun for this ship, because it needs to do land attack (sometimes, not an main role), antiship and anti-air.

also, all ship guns are artillery :D they all fire grenades in an curved track, so they are artillery....... I think you meant land attack with it.

and thanks for the compliment that I have improved, now you can see how much you can learn on sb in 4 months ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 8th, 2010, 7:33 pm
I wonder how it will look when its done. (:
And wow you learned to draw like that in 4 months. That is fast...

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 9th, 2010, 1:54 am
acelanceloet wrote:
, now you can see how much you can learn on sb in 4 months ;)
I agree.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 13th, 2010, 3:42 pm
a few changes made to the siren class....
[ img ]
detailing still needs to be done, I will try to do some of it tonight... please comment on it

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 13th, 2010, 6:11 pm
Love that one :D

[Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Winged HeroesPosted: August 13th, 2010, 7:13 pm
[ img ]
finished the siren class frigate. as the thread of enemy ships or subs is almost taken away by the presence of the camelot's air fleet, this is the only class for that role in the atlantic fleet.

I have changed the buildup of the fleet as well: the destiny class is removed, and will be replaced by an multirole destroyer. then all main ships are in place, and only an replenishment vessel and 2 lhd's or lsd's will need to be added to complete the fleet.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 29  [ 287 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 529 »

Jump to: