Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 82 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 180 81 82 83 8490 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 16th, 2013, 5:51 am
Nice work! Got a couple questions:

1) Please, please, please can we get an 'official' timeline for this AU?
2) And are you planning on finishing the panzerschiffes as they appeared in this AU?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 17th, 2013, 6:01 pm
Hi Ashley. what you've done to my Battle really bring me down; sorry old cock, but this bird can't fly; or, to put it in nautical terms - after leaving the breakwater it will capsize. So, could you please leave my drawings alone? I don't want my name associated with this project - no offence :|

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 17th, 2013, 6:06 pm
the same goes for that C class destroyer. take a look at any modification of these ships (especially the radar picket ones and similar) and see that they can not take even close to the weight on the deck you have given them now.
I even doubt they could leave the breakwater..... they would have capsized before the fuel tanks were filled.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 17th, 2013, 10:38 pm
I guess I can appreciate the effort, and I understand this AU's been given more leeway than others...but in addition to what's been said, looking over those modifications I think any British ships any victorious Nazis would've got their hands on would've just been scrapped or scuttled.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 8:25 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Hi Ashley. what you've done to my Battle really bring me down; sorry old cock, but this bird can't fly; or, to put it in nautical terms - after leaving the breakwater it will capsize. So, could you please leave my drawings alone? I don't want my name associated with this project - no offence :|
Understood and accepted.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: June 5th, 2013, 5:08 pm
I'm really grooving on these designs. They're all great! :D

And that H46 turret: What are you hunting with that thing? Asteroids? Islands? :lol:

I've also read about certain super-carriers in this thread. Is it possible that we might see some of them in the future? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: July 23rd, 2013, 10:56 am
BrentD15 wrote:
And that H46 turret: What are you hunting with that thing? Asteroids? Islands?
Nothing, just a fiction in a fiction. Finally I have some limits...

Supercarriers? Maybe a H44 hull converted to carrier, maybe something very new.

My time for drawing is lesser than I hoped.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrentD15
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: July 23rd, 2013, 12:34 pm
Ashley wrote:
BrentD15 wrote:
And that H46 turret: What are you hunting with that thing? Asteroids? Islands?
Nothing, just a fiction in a fiction. Finally I have some limits...
I know, I was just joking around. ;)
Ashley wrote:
Supercarriers? Maybe a H44 hull converted to carrier, maybe something very new.

My time for drawing is lesser than I hoped.
Yeah, I heard about these drawings taking a large amount of time to accomplish.
Take your time. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Friedrich class BCG Hipper 1955Posted: July 25th, 2013, 4:56 am
The upcoming of japamese und US-supercruisers made the OKM believe, the Kriegsmarine would also need a superior cruiser. The Friedrich-class shows many features of the V-class CGs but has a once more improved hydrodynamic hull. Machinery is simply enlarged.
The Friedrich-class BCGs are armed with improved Versions of the 'Taifun'- and 'Tornado'-SAMs. The earlier for the V-class-cruisers developed 6"-full-auto-DP twins are installed. The guns can fire rocket-propelled shells. A new 6x-launcher can fire Geier-8 ASROCs, Taifun SAMs and the A7m SSM.
The most powerful weapon is the new 'Gungnir'-missile, a large subsonic, capable of sinking even very large warships. The Gungnirs are stored and fired from horizantal launchers, it looks a little bit like the gundecks of an old ship of the line. Further the Friedrichs feature the new 'Urd'-MP-radars.
2x 6"twin DP
6x 5,5cm twin AA
4x 3cm quad AA
6x 2cm auto guns
24 x Gungnir launcher SSM
8x A17M2 launcher SSM
1x twin-Tornado-launcher LR-SAM
4x 6x multi-launcher SAM/ASROC/SSM
2x ASW-helicopter
The Friedrichs played a large role in the coldwar games of the 50s and 60s between Germany, Japan and the USA.
[ img ]
The offensive capability of the ship is much higher than the defensive is. A massive airstrike would make an end with glory. I will design a later version with 'lessons learned'.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: July 25th, 2013, 7:07 am
It's crazy! :D (but impressive)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 82 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 180 81 82 83 8490 »

Jump to: