Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 44 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4665 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 14th, 2012, 5:17 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
the Hughes 500 has a towed MAD
That's not a super-great sub detecting method for a helicopter. As others have mentioned an actual dipping sonar is what gives a helicopter a great ASW utility.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 14th, 2012, 6:24 pm
Still a sexy beast (or beastess?) I like the new layout, but prefer the earlier colour scheme; whatever, I really like this design :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 15th, 2012, 1:59 pm
Revision 2.
[ img ]
  • Sharper angled bow
  • Bow lengthened slightly
  • Bow also heightened slightly overall corresponding with the elongation mentioned above

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 15th, 2012, 2:18 pm
I like this last version the best, however I have to ask, why the tunnel setup?
Why not reverse it? Move whatever it is you have in those side rooms in front of the hanger. It'll give you better access to the hangar, better air control since you can move the flight ops director booth up where he can actually see what he's doing, helo turnaround will be shortened a bit since they don't have to move as far and you can roll one out as you're rolling the other one in and, depending on what's inside those side rooms you could possibly even get a larger hanger which is always nice.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 15th, 2012, 4:33 pm
I like the looks of this one. It looks like an OHP took a fancy to a Kortenaer and produced beautiful children.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 15th, 2012, 4:56 pm
looks good to me, I only would like to know where the reload space for the NSSM would be.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 15th, 2012, 5:33 pm
@ Raven. Yep, a Perrynaer!
@ ace. There are spare rounds spared beneath the launcher in cubby holes, not ideal but the design is quite a compromise
@ Thiel. I may do a revision 3 tomorrow and keep the two as option 1 and option 2

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 17th, 2012, 10:13 pm
Revisions 1 through 3 finished.

R1: Baseline
[ img ]
R2: Wide-mouth hangar
[ img ]
R3: Wide mouth hangar and more over all
[ img ]
R4: Reconfigured and remodelled
[ img ]

Revision 3 was envisaged to have a twin Phalanx set-up though I think that might be a bit much, other changes include a revised superstructure forward of the bridge which now houses a Mk22 with 12 Standards and 4 Harpoons. Rear superstructure has been modified too as well as the Mk29 replacing the original phalanx. It's again a wide-mouth hangar as opposed to the tunnel style set-up.

Revision 4 was envisaged with the ending of the cold war on re-focusing much of the ASW capability to a more general purpose or AAW orientated vessel, as such a number of modifications were proposed. A single helicopter hangar flanked by two 30-40mm weapons, two RAM launchers or gun based CIWS aft of the funnel, relocation of the torpedo tubes aft, modifications to permit SM-2MR usage. Failing any orders this would be the last proposal for the SC85 design to appear before the type was no longer promoted abroad.

~Regards, Mark.

Last edited by Blackbuck on July 28th, 2012, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 18th, 2012, 5:56 am
I suggest an longer ranged radar for the last setup as well :P right now your director has more range then the search radars.
also, I'd want to have an additional STIR240 at the rear, to be able to hit targets all around, if possible... that STIR should NOT replace the STIR 180 though, it is more important to have 2 missiles in the air.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: July 28th, 2012, 1:25 pm
Hopefully finished the SC85 family off, images updated.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 44 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4665 »

Jump to: