Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
Dmitri97
Post subject: Re: Swedish AU - CGLH 1986 - a studyPosted: July 6th, 2015, 11:27 pm
Damn that is one cool looking ship, probably pretty powerful too with all the abls and the heavy guns and all.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Swedish AU - CGLH 1986 - a studyPosted: July 7th, 2015, 6:33 am
Why not ? just my ideas :P

- remove the bow 57mm ? what does it give you as arcs covered by forward guns anyway ? (or remove 2 of them and save even more weight ?)
- move the stern 152mm to forward superfiring ? better arcs as it cant fire directly backwards (towards radars) anyway and clears engines ?
- fit strike length VLS ? rather than box launchers ?
- full hull width hangar ? (may require changing rear 57mm guns)
- 2 funnels ? (or macks ?) or somehow fit unit BR/ER/BR/ER ?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Swedish AU - CGLH 1986 - a studyPosted: July 7th, 2015, 3:34 pm
Nice work. And as always it's good to see Your new works.

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Swedish AU - CGLH 1986 - a studyPosted: July 7th, 2015, 8:07 pm
Quote:
- remove the bow 57mm ? what does it give you as arcs covered by forward guns anyway ? (or remove 2 of them and save even more weight ?)
She is constructed just after the SSM paranoia of the Falklands and San Carlos waters. She is carries all those 57mm to be able to handle many incoming threats as both long range AA ship and a close quarter goalkeeper for the HVU and to protect herself when in a small SAG.
Quote:
- move the stern 152mm to forward superfiring ? better arcs as it cant fire directly backwards (towards radars) anyway and clears engines ?
I know it is cramped, but I think she wouldn't do a gunnery battle when chased, The guns are primary for NGS and then broadsides are preféred.
Quote:
- fit strike length VLS ? rather than box launchers ?
Well, the board of admirality prefers the ABL, so the ship can carry more SAMs (I want that russian Slava look, bu there is no huge western SSMs similar to the Sandbox, som I fitted ABLs that is normaly hidden under the deck, only visible when raised for missile launch.
Quote:
- full hull width hangar ? (may require changing rear 57mm guns)
I good idea I will think of it....

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Swedish AU - CGLH 1986 - a studyPosted: July 11th, 2015, 8:30 am
I like it, something a little different from the ordinary and with a unique mix of styles that work together well.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: