Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 8th, 2011, 1:34 am
Thiel wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Thiel wrote:
If you're going to play the Hood card, why not go down a far more reasonable route and say that it had a sister that survived the war?
How it survived up until the seventies is for you to decide, but even taking into account the obsolete equipment it would be carrying, it would still be in a better condition than hood herself after 30+ years on the bottom of the sea.
"The Anglo-African cooperation was cemented in 1982, it assisted the Royal Navy in the Falklands Punitive Expedition, wherein it claimed several Argentine frigates, the ARA 52 de Mayo and Private Onargleb most notably among them, assisted by the Huxbury Gentlemen's Yachting Association. It also participated in the Shelling of Buenos Aires, which featured the HMS Hood raised from the seas and commanded by an all-East African crew."
So? All the money in the world wouldn't be enough to restore Hood to a combat capable unit.
I was trying to point out that the AU isn't going to be too serious. In addition to the Hood, I've played actual Nigerian princes straight.

"Indian Army" was going to be replaced with "loyal sepoys" if I wasn't afraid of a ban for racism

e: I was going to post a ship but somehow old paint nuked the file, back to square one

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Dreadnaught
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 9th, 2011, 7:55 am
I'm having visions of Yoda using his Jedi mind powers to raise the Hood.

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 9th, 2011, 11:45 am
Satirius wrote:
If you're going to play the Hood card, why not go down a far more reasonable route and say that it had a sister that survived the war?
How it survived up until the seventies is for you to decide, but even taking into account the obsolete equipment it would be carrying, it would still be in a better condition than hood herself after 30+ years on the bottom of the sea.
"The Anglo-African cooperation was cemented in 1982, it assisted the Royal Navy in the Falklands Punitive Expedition, wherein it claimed several Argentine frigates, the ARA 52 de Mayo and Private Onargleb most notably among them, assisted by the Huxbury Gentlemen's Yachting Association. It also participated in the Shelling of Buenos Aires, which featured the HMS Hood raised from the seas and commanded by an all-East African crew."[/quote]
So? All the money in the world wouldn't be enough to restore Hood to a combat capable unit.[/quote]

True but Titanic is also in 2 and is in poor state and over 3km down the bottom of the north atlantic floor but wasn't their a movie where they raised her to the surface miraculously in 1 piece so they could retrieve the billions of dollars (or pound sterling) of gold bullion she had carried onboard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 9th, 2011, 11:48 am
Thiel wrote:
Satirius wrote:
Thiel wrote:
"The Anglo-African cooperation was cemented in 1982, it assisted the Royal Navy in the Falklands Punitive Expedition, wherein it claimed several Argentine frigates, the ARA 52 de Mayo and Private Onargleb most notably among them, assisted by the Huxbury Gentlemen's Yachting Association. It also participated in the Shelling of Buenos Aires, which featured the HMS Hood raised from the seas and commanded by an all-East African crew."
So? All the money in the world wouldn't be enough to restore Hood to a combat capable unit.

True but Titanic is also in 2 and is in poor state and over 3km down the bottom of the north atlantic floor but wasn't their a movie where they raised her to the surface miraculously in 1 piece so they could retrieve the billions of dollars (or pound sterling) of gold bullion she had carried onboard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 9th, 2011, 5:39 pm
Dreadnaught wrote:
Making this canon btw

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 9th, 2011, 5:45 pm
Forget about raising the Hood I will let you have Vanguard for cost,call it £11m for cash. :lol: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Barham
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 10th, 2011, 2:13 am
Clearly no one knows just how BAD a shape the Hood's in. her Magazines exploded? in case anyone forgot? i watched a documentary on her discovery and examination of her wreck. the prow is the only recognizable part of her. :roll:

SBY EDF fleet
SBY Comet Empire fleet

and then some.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 10th, 2011, 7:03 pm
Quote:
[ img ]

Um...Thinking I am, that trying to raise warship sunk likened is to young Jedi with flat lightsabre fighting trying is. Better is, if young Jedi works on more rewarding project

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 10th, 2011, 7:07 pm
''ARA 52 de Mayo''

I take sure you mean the carrier of the Dutch ex-Karel Doorman II named 25 de mayo?

Last edited by ALVAMA on February 23rd, 2011, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Greater East African UnionPosted: February 10th, 2011, 8:03 pm
And it's name is still 25 de Mayo, not 52 de Mayo!!! Please guys, get the names right!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: