Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 8:02 am
title says it all. I will not do the Indonesian or Moroccan ones, (at least not now) as those are done very well already, but I will do all the ships that were never build (similar to what I did with the enforcer series)
you will see that the ships will be a bit undetailed, because I drew them as shown in the artist inpressions or renders, not like the indonesian ships (which have numerous weapons and details which were not the original concept)

first of all, the 8413 Corvette.
[ img ]
next will be the 8413 OPV and the 8413 Helicopter Corvette.
I am awaiting comments, but keep the above in mind before you are going to point at the indonesian ones or something like that.

btw, anybody who wants to use ships from this thread for an AU: please ask, but most likely I will say yes ;)

EDIT: I'll list every SIGMA I make in this first post, just as I did in my enforcer thread.....
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Last edited by acelanceloet on August 18th, 2012, 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 8:16 am
You have a launcher but no missile. Any idea what should be in there?
It looks somewhat like a stylized RBS-15 launcher.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 8:25 am
hmm. it could be harpoons, it also could be exocets. I believe the indonesians have exocets, but in dutch use it would have harpoons.... hence I left them empty. the 'looks' of it say nothing in this case, it is just an standard launcher with an 'box' around it to reduce RCS.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 8:53 am
very pretty, very dutch, same thing though!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 9:04 am
Nice lines, good looking ship. Can you tell if it original was supposed to join the Netherland Navy or was it destinated to export from beginning :?:

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 9:38 am
[ img ]
and the next one.... the OPV version of the 8413.

@kimwerner: designed for export, mostly. if they could sell one to the dutch navy, they would do it, but the dutch navy has the tendency of using special designed ships instead of adapting existing designs. the ideas of these ships were carried on to designs for the dutch navy though, as you can see in for example the holland class.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 6:31 pm
It lacks a lot of the details that are already present on the current 9113.
[ img ]
Best to get it up to these standards.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 6:41 pm
uhm vossiej..... read my first post. I did that on purpose :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 6:43 pm
Yes I know, but details on the hull and certain details on the superstructure can easily be taken over for a much nicer effect.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Damen (Schelde) SIGMA series K/OPV/FFPosted: May 24th, 2011, 6:47 pm
Quess he does this because a few said (including me) that he doesnt draw according real things and reference's.
What for radar is on top of the mast?

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: