Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 10  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 28th, 2015, 9:34 pm
only the fact that the top row has to be moved to reach them, I suppose :P which might be quite an good reason actually, because when do you use more then 5 boats at the time at a place where none are available?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 28th, 2015, 9:37 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
....on second thought...hmmm...this is intriguing...however much I do love boats... :roll: , I spotted something that I didn't pay attention to before: The amidships top boat rack appears to hold five boats, so, what's preventing the lower tier from housing five to seven boats too, depending their individual sizes!?!
Good point. At the moment my assuption is that the gigs in the elevation are directly under the launchesin the over head. Let me play with it when I add some other boats. ;)

Ari, do you have any steam launches for the period? :D

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 28th, 2015, 9:41 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
only the fact that the top row has to be moved to reach them, I suppose :P which might be quite an good reason actually, because when do you use more then 5 boats at the time at a place where none are available?
Looking a the future Dunkerques and Richelieus, they all had boats on an elevated rack/cradle over other boats. However, they also had other outlying boats and gigs, so larger launches could be stowed above other boats without imparing a rapid deployment of boats.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 28th, 2015, 9:49 pm
That's true, and, no, sadly to say David, I've got no French steam pinnaces/cutters or launches drawn.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 28th, 2015, 9:57 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
That's true, and, no, sadly to say David, I've got no French steam pinnaces/cutters or launches drawn.
So sad. Guess I'll just have to do some research and draw my own. Thanks anyway Ari.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 28th, 2015, 9:58 pm
Yeah, that's a big omission of mine...

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 29th, 2015, 2:34 am
Now that looks interesting...can't wait to see the other ideas in this thread!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 29th, 2015, 4:03 pm
Looking very cool. I love how it really looks like an upsized heavy cruiser, and yet ships such massive ordnance.
A question: will we see the mentioned 17 500 tons super heavy cruisers?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 29th, 2015, 7:49 pm
as for the hull shading, what have you used as base rule for the shape shading of the hull?
- if you used 'everything under overhangs is shaded' or something like that, the bow part should be base colour and the shading aft of the skeg should be just the rudder, not that aera on top of it. also, such an overhang would be marked with an black line, wouldn't it?
- I cannot see any other rule you could have followed right now, may I suggest my favorite, the 45 degree rule?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French 1926-1931 capital-ships studiesPosted: January 29th, 2015, 8:12 pm
Another extremely interesting thread begins. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 10  [ 92 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 510 »

Jump to: