Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 12:35 pm
[ img ]
Attachment:
next gen M-frigate.png
this is the frigate exactly as shown in the image. I will make an version with some other weapon/sensor systems as well (question: can those be placed here or should those be placed in own design?)

the drawing is only based on the image on top, so the sizes and weapons will not always be perfect, but this is as close as I could get.

comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 1:08 pm
Seeing as you did it just from that drawing its brilliant!!!!

I don't think that the radar is as big as it looks on your drawing, but then again I'm just looking at that pic....

Nick

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 1:12 pm
as it has an old style 2d radar and STIRS, I thought it used the radar from the karel doorman class frigates they already have. the drawing of that radar is very accurate, but slightly too big, and the perspective in the render makes the radar look a lot smaller as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 1:24 pm
Fair doos

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 7:53 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 8:47 pm
in fact, it is more like an shrinked LCF... with the weapons fit and role for the M-frigate, and build on the underwater hull of the karel doorman. that's why the title.

for the sizes: the helideck is indeed to low, but the drawing shows it that way, so I kept it (bow twise as high as the helideck) I changed the sizes a bit, because otherwise it wouldn't fit, but indeed, the helideck is slightly to long and the midship section is somewhat small, but the larger hangar was needed to fit the chilean helicopters on board and the bridge is this way because otherwise the mast wouldn't fit. I will make some other versions of it though, with higher stern and an 'dutch' weapons fit (and maybe more modern radars)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 30th, 2010, 9:44 pm
The photo is angled.. That take a lot of the length

[Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 31st, 2010, 12:36 am
I disagree with your design on the mast. It looks like the sides of the platforms the directors are on are contiguous with the sides of the rest of the mast. The detailing features would then need to be slid forward and aft to the four corners of the mast.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 31st, 2010, 9:04 am
+
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: next generation chilean m-frigatePosted: December 31st, 2010, 9:27 am
TimothyC wrote:
I disagree with your design on the mast. It looks like the sides of the platforms the directors are on are contiguous with the sides of the rest of the mast. The detailing features would then need to be slid forward and aft to the four corners of the mast.
OOH GOD I MADE ANOTHER MISTAKE! you are right..... the mast needs to be redone and remodeled. will do, and then I can shorten the mast and make the bridge section shorter..... so will fix, but can take some time.

colombimike: I can not see what you are aiming on with the green arrows of your last comment, and I replied on some comments. I will correct a bit of the proportions of the sections, but the hull is correct (but I agree, the stern section is really low)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: