Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1227 »
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm
Very well done! Just two corrections for me to make:

1. get rid of that red line through the title, it is driving me crazy.

2. In 1921 she had the 10x5"/51 cal in the casemates just like you have them, plus 2 more on the 0-1 level where you have the forward 5"/25. She didn't have any 5"/25 until 1930, instead she had 4x3"/50 cal located where midships trio of 5"/25s are, 2 on each side.

Otherwise this seems to be completely accurate.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 7th, 2014, 3:15 pm
One more thing, she had a lot more portholes in the hull in that timeframe

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 7th, 2014, 7:44 pm
Thanks for the good info. Her original armament has been driving me crazy. All the sources refer to an almost immediate reduction of 5"guns the removal of the 3" and the subsequent addition of 5"/25s finding drawings or photos of her as built are hard to find.

I'll gladly make the changes.

thanks again.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 7th, 2014, 8:44 pm
Here she is with your suggestion.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 8th, 2014, 8:44 am
That red line through Tennessee Class Battleship. AHHH!!!

As far as the ship goes she is there. That is how she looked in the 20s. Well done.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 8th, 2014, 8:50 am
Ah ha! I see it now and its gone.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 9th, 2014, 4:44 am
Very nice work Mr. Latuch.
The only glaring problem I see is right underneath the forward turret's barrels, the capstan (I think) looks like it's above the deck and there is a very light gray line underneath it. Maybe go a shade darker on it?
Aside from that, it looks great!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 9th, 2014, 8:50 am
The capstain is on the deck thereis ablack pixcel showing through the rail where it meets the deck.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 9th, 2014, 5:41 pm
Right, I'm aware of that. I'm saying that the capstan might benefit from a darker shade of gray. Contrasting the light gray of the capstan with the hull's dark gray, makes it look white to me.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 9th, 2014, 7:37 pm
I'm refamping my previous dorsal top-down views in favor of the 1920's configuration.

Here is what I have so far. My question is do I have the 0-1 deck foot print correct? Can anyone advise me?

[ img ]

Thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 1227 »

Jump to: