Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 11  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 7:35 am
These are very fine works of art. You've managed to get the raised walkways in with three pixels and just enough details and it all works wonderfully. A masterpiece of small ship drawing.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 10:39 am
Wonderful thread, nice work. Have you found anything built for real Hellas?

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 3:55 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
Wonderful thread, nice work. Have you found anything built for real Hellas?
Most french built Greek ship have yet been drawn.
I think the only one left is the unprotected cruiser NAVARCHOS MIAOULIS (and maybe a submarine).

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 5:46 pm
Yes, the Miaoulis and the Balkan Wars submarines Delphin/Xifias.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: January 19th, 2015, 6:54 pm
Hello again!

That one has been a WIP for over a year now - the Chilean battleship Capitan Prat, built 1989 - 1893 at FCM in France. She actually scared the US Navy, because when she was commissioned in 1893, she was considered a better and more balanced design than anything the USN had at that time. She was armed with four 240mm and eight 120mm guns, protected by a 300mm belt and relatively fast for her age at 18 knots.

[ img ]

The colour scheme is somewhat conjectural, because I've found only a single photograph of Capitan Prat prior to her 1909/10 refit, during which she was painted pale grey; that photo was however shot into the sun and the ship looks black all over, which I somewhat doubt. Thus I've given her a RN'ish black-white-buff livery as seen on several photographs of older Chilean cruisers. I'm not wholly sure, so whoever knows better - fire away.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: January 19th, 2015, 7:03 pm
Awesome work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: January 19th, 2015, 7:05 pm
really great addition. Off the colors I recall seeing this ship first time in some naval encyclopedia which had these small rather sparsely detailed watercolor linedrawings of various ships, and If don't recall that wrong, Capitan prat was overally white with yellow (gold) funnels at that book. Offcourse it was someone elses interprention of the ship and its been years since I've browsed those old books from my childhood, but thats my 2 cents for the matter

[Profile] [Quote]
Gunship
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: January 19th, 2015, 7:12 pm
Fantastic¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ :o

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: January 20th, 2015, 1:21 pm
Superb work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: French-built ships for foreign NaviesPosted: January 20th, 2015, 1:34 pm
Nice!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 11  [ 106 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 »

Jump to: