Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1127 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 3rd, 2014, 4:45 pm
Like this?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 3rd, 2014, 4:51 pm
Yeah, that works really well actually, very quick!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 3rd, 2014, 9:22 pm
actually, I like it more without the deck planking. the shape of the deck planking would most likely be more complex then this too, so I'd rather not show it then show it wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 3rd, 2014, 9:24 pm
It's also leaking through beneath the boats.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 3rd, 2014, 10:57 pm
Nice catch Thiel! And I agree with both of you the planking is too busy, Ace, the teak planking on US ships was as I depicted. I served on USS Newport News (CA-148), I'm a "Plank Preserver."

[Profile] [Quote]
DBrigance
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 6th, 2014, 10:41 am
That is a really nicely done top view.

Scheme 16 USS North Carolina
Quad 14/50 turret for above

Fluegzuegkreuzer A IIa and IV
quad 11 in turret for IV

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 6th, 2014, 12:05 pm
Hi David,

Really enjoyed looking through these drawings again, but I've just noticed something for the side view - one of the close-up pictures of the lattice mast had carley floats around the mast, but I don't see them on the drawing. Was that picture simply of a different period in time to the one you're drawing?

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 6th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Maybe just tone down the difference in colour of the planks and their edges/caulking?

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 6th, 2014, 9:03 pm
If you are going for California in Dec 1941, the windows on the second level of the aft cage mast should be obscured by the .50 cal bird bath, the masts and rigging should be different, the CXAM radar should be on the superstructure and the forward most 3"/50 should be next to the after cage mast, not the number 2 turret.

Love the top down profile, one of the best I've seen yet on the bucket.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 6th, 2014, 9:51 pm
apdsmith wrote:
Hi David,

Really enjoyed looking through these drawings again, but I've just noticed something for the side view - one of the close-up pictures of the lattice mast had carley floats around the mast, but I don't see them on the drawing. Was that picture simply of a different period in time to the one you're drawing?

Regards,
Adam
Adam,

I think you are refering to the USS California, Tennessee's sister ship sinking at Pearl Harbor. So yes a different time period.

I'm putting the 1940's refit on hold as I'm trying to capture the first refit shortly after Tennessee was commissioned when they reduced the numeber of 5" guns on her boat deck to 4 instead of 5 and removed the 3" guns execpt the one just below the bridge.

Here is what I've got so far:

[ img ]

Suggestions, Comments, and Critiques welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1127 »

Jump to: