Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 12  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 12 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 6th, 2011, 10:54 am
If I may humbly suggest: why not depict Vanguard during her finest ever moment: her African Cruise with HRH Princess Elizabeth, The Heir Presmptive and her consort Commander (RN), HRH Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich. It was during this famous tour, in 1952, that the young 26-year old Princess was informed about her father's (King George VI) death and had to cut her official visits short and return to London to ascend the Throne. But, since the Royal couple stayed onboard the Vanguard, I see plently of nice opportunity for really awesome flag display. Vanguard is, afterall, more than anything, forever connected to the present Regent of the British Isles, Dominions and its Commonwealth!

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 6th, 2011, 3:32 pm
If only I were skillful enough to draw a Royal standard. :lol: For the Royal tour she would also have been fitted with a sun deck which would obscure the rear turrets,but sounds like an interesting project for the future.So for now Iv'e settled on CinC home fleet.Erik I,m not sure what that is.It looked to me like a hornfeed. :?

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 6th, 2011, 4:18 pm
Good enough, but you need to promote Sir Phillip to the rank of full Admiral. I cannot right now tell you whether Sir Phillip Vian already had been promoted an Admiral of the Fleet or not, but he most certainly was nnolonger a mere Rear Admiral! An admiral flies a plain flag with the St George's cross, a vice admiral same but with a red ball in the left upper quarter (the one closest to the mast or gaff); finally, a rear admiral has the same a a VA, but with two red balls in the two vertical quarters closest to the mast.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 6th, 2011, 5:06 pm
bezobrazov ,you have got me thinking.What of the stuff at the stern would be removed to fit the awning?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 6th, 2011, 6:30 pm
Lemme get home from work, and I'll take a look. Won't be before tonite though, but I'd be happy to assist! :-)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 7th, 2011, 7:32 pm
Ok, checked the quarterdeck, and I believe only the antennaes will have to be struck. For the Royal Tours of 1947 (HM King-Emperor George VI, HM Queen-Empress Elizabeth, HRH The Heiress Presumptive Princess Elizabeth, HRH Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, Commander, RN and spuse of the Heiress Presumptive, and HRH Princess Mary-Rose) nothing was really altered, since the battleship's deck offered in the first place a very spacious area to hold parties on etc - if required. Anyhow, Vanguard's main mission was to actually transport the Royal Persons from one specific place to another, throughout the vast Dominions of the Empire! Same was applied in 1952, during Princess Elizabeth's abbreviated Tour of Africa. If I'd recommend one event,maybe the 1947 would be the most memorable. I made you your required flags that you may use or abuse! :D

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 7th, 2011, 9:32 pm
We really need to have a flag drawing guide. I suck balls at it, and stuff ^ like this is useful beyond compare.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 7th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Absolutley superb looking flags bezobrazov.I will use the standard on the Royal tour version.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 7th, 2011, 9:52 pm
yeah I nominate bezobrazov to be voluntold to do a flag style/drawing guide :p

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: HMS VanguardPosted: February 7th, 2011, 9:58 pm
One of my hobbies is vexiology, so I just happen to love flags... :D ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 12  [ 111 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11 12 »

Jump to: