Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: February 22nd, 2015, 5:58 am
It must have been added after my adulatory laudation! However, I did misremember the famous signal, which, indeed was hoisted by Vice Adm. Nagumo Chuichi onboard the Akagi....

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: February 22nd, 2015, 10:56 pm
Bezo, I can assure you that Yamamoto's rank flag had always been there on Nagato's mainmast (after all, the post for the 1941 Nagato has no edit mark at the bottom, so it was never modified after beign sent by me). One of my first thought when I started this update of the Nagatos was that i could have placed Yamamoto's flag on the 1941 fit, exactly like I did with Ozawa's on the IJN Taihou and Nishimura's on the 1944 Yamashiro.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: February 23rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Well, well, then it's a classic case of 'not seeing the trees because of the forest', which, ironically, can be seen as an ultimate validation of your success in incorporating the maximum amount of detaling, causing weary, old eyes like mine to miss out on certain details. (I admit being quite tired these days with babies and all...so, not at all that strange...) - and, no, I didn't check thenumber of edits on your post.

Anyway, all the more glorious and splendid then!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 30th, 2015, 4:39 pm
Hi all.
Sources dating between early 1942 and October 1944 are a bit scarce, but this is how Nagato should have looked during the Battle of the Philippine seas:
[ img ]

The type 21 Air Search radar had been added between May 31 and June 6, just two days before Mutsu's loss. Two 25mm machine guns were added too, but it is unclear if in a twin mount or in two single mounts, anyway, their position is unknown. The Misubishi F1M2 had replaced the older Nakajima E8N in February 1943.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 30th, 2015, 4:42 pm
EPIC work!!!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 30th, 2015, 5:14 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Sources dating between early 1942 and October 1944 are a bit scarce, but this is how Nagato should have looked during the Battle of the Philippine seas
Ooooh BB ! :o
For nagato by mid-1944, you forgot many 25mm AA guns !!!
Sorry, I have the ref in an Gigantic size, but I can not post it (too heavy)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 30th, 2015, 5:20 pm
Mike, the drawing you posted shows Nagato as she looked in October 1944 during the Leyte Gulf operation. The drawing I've just posted shows her in Mid-June 1944 instead.
The full AA (98 25mm MGs) and radar (type 13/21/22) fit, was not fitted until her return to Kure after the Battle of the Philippine sea, from June 27 to July 8.
Also, pothograpic evidence show that since 1943 the lower bridge level windows were either removed or made removable (Here, Showa-16, 1941: Windows. Showa-18, 1943: no more windows) , despite many drawings still features them even as late as October 1944, which this picture showing Nagato in Brunei (one of my main references for her Leyte Gulf fit which I'll post in the next weeks hopefully) proves wrong, other than showing no flag flying from the bow staff.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 30th, 2015, 5:51 pm
Ops :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 30th, 2015, 8:41 pm
Wow! An awesome drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Nagato Class Battleship. The Redux.Posted: March 31st, 2015, 7:34 am
Excellent artistry and research.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: