Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 827 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 3:32 pm
Here is the dorsal view I'm working up to locate items on the starboard elevation.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 4:16 pm
Great effort so far, though with top views you need to be careful of the shading, ie the sloped faces on the turret at the top/those facing fore as well would be lighter than the roof and the bottom/those facing aft faces darker

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 4:52 pm
What year are you going for in your most recent drawing? I believe, either as built or shortly afterwards the ship was armed with 8 3" guns on the boat deck and 2 5"/51cal. By the late3 1930's those had all been replaced with 8 5"/25cal guns and shortly before the attack on Pearl Harbor 4 3"/50cal were added because of the shortage of 1.1 quad mounts. There was 1 on a platform on each side of the superstructure a few decks up and 1 on each side of the after cage mast.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 7:58 pm
Right. I'm shootting for 1942. Here is today's effort.The 3"are gone from the Boat Deck and are beside the conning tower and the aft Cage Mast.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 8:32 pm
What are the 5"-guns amidships? They look like the long-barreled 5"/38".

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 9:18 pm
5in/25s?

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 9:26 pm
Those are the 5"/38 open mounts. You can find the 5"/25s on this drawing:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/939 ... on1933.png

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 9:30 pm
Thank you very much.

I've been looking for that drawing since bezobrazov mentioned it.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 9:44 pm
Yeah, i AM going to upload the drawing of it! Just never got done back then! if you actually care to wait to exchange them, I'll try and post it this weekend. i have updated the drawing further.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: February 21st, 2014, 9:51 pm
Cool! Yes some folks still say that. I'm a child of the sixties.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 827 »

Jump to: