Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 8  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 10:26 am
Amazing.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Yasutomi
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 10:55 am
Oh my...Garlic Design, you have gained yet another fan! I can honestly say that my knowledge of pre WW2 French destroyers has increased massively from your efforts. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 6:25 pm
Fabulous work with this thread! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 2nd, 2014, 9:05 pm
Amazing work GD, an excellent thread. I'm looking forward to see more as the size of French destroyers go up.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 3rd, 2014, 12:19 am
Wow!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 7th, 2014, 7:52 pm
Hello again!

French 800-tonne destroyers, Batch 2: Bisson-Class

The second group of six 800-tonne destroyers were ordered in 1911 and 1912 and finished between 1913 and 1914. They were all built to the same plans and resembled each other much more than the first batch units. All had straight funnels and very slightly raked foremasts, which were not as high as in preceding classes. Four of them - Bisson, Renaudin, Protet and Commandant Lucas - were built by Naval yards and could be distinguished by markedly higher funnels, the other two were built by private yards.

Renaudin was the only one of the class to be lost during the war. As built, Bisson, Renaudin and Protet were pretty much identical and looked like this:
[ img ]

They were modernized the same way as the first batch with 10-12 DCs, two 8mm AAMGs, a 75mm AA gun, a Rangefinder and various modifications to the Bridge, which differed on each ship. This picture shows Bisson in 1915, when the 75mm flak was not yet installed:
[ img ]

Protet received the most extensive modifications to her bridge, with a massive breastwork rather than just canvas. This picture shows her at the end of the war with all modifications in place:
[ img ]

Commandant Lucas was identical to the first three except the foremast, which was a tripod; why it was stepped from the front rather than from the rear beats me. The modifications to her bridge were less extensive than in Protet:
[ img ]

Magon was the only ship of her class to serve with the Atlantic fleet, and the only one which received a camouflage paintjob. She also had a sickle-shaped bow.
[ img ]

Mangini had the bow shape of the dockyard-built ships; otherwise she resembled Magon. Both were the fastest of their class. The picture shows her in her post-war livery.
[ img ]

Greedings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 7th, 2014, 8:05 pm
Nice work!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 7th, 2014, 8:10 pm
interesting hull shape, with a fat bow and deep stern.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jackie Treehorn
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 8th, 2014, 7:23 am
Wow, again very nice drawings. It's interesting to see the evolution of the early destroyer from the begin until end of WWI.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: French World War I destroyers - rebootPosted: September 8th, 2014, 8:51 am
Fantastic work as ever!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 8  [ 76 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: