Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 11  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 12th, 2012, 11:58 pm
DG_Alpha wrote:
I could do that, but that would mean that I would have to enlarge the badges for Karlsruhe and Köln (Which I already have)as well :P
Also, while working on Karlsruhe, i think I found some minor things I need to change on Königsberg as well. It feels like a never-ending struggle...
:D With your skills both in drawing ships and badges, it would be delightful if you does that for all three ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 13th, 2012, 8:29 am
The badge is fine and is actually in the size Ive always visioned how they should be when placed on SB templates.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 13th, 2012, 11:32 pm
Here's a first look at Karlsruhe:
[ img ]

I'm sticking with the small badges for now, maybe I'll do a variant with larger ones when I'm finished with all the ship's versions. As for the issue with the turrets: I'm using the guns from the updated Nürnberg, which have no contour lines. I agree that the shading might be needed to be corrected, but what's the opinion of other members here?

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 13th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Very good job, FG_Alpha.
I don't think the torpedoes should be displayed above the ship; it's for missiles only IIRC.
Also I would add black outline to the green navigation light.
And another thing: the aft and fore halves of the ship are shaded as if they are lighted by separate light sources.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 14th, 2012, 11:13 am
This looks good, and I second WhyMe's opinions here, especially the one concerning the turrets shading. IMHO you should reverse the colors on the aft turrets, so that the darker side will face aft. That shows as if the light comes from the front of the ship (as is the Shipbucket standard).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 14th, 2012, 11:32 am
Yes, I agree with WhyMe and Novice ( see my post on page 4 ).

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 14th, 2012, 12:54 pm
the guns are drawn by me, and if someone has doupts of the shading, take it up with me ;) Also remember to alter the shading to mirror the one in the rear turrets from the bow turret. A good artist migth come up way of deepening the actuall shades to show the non-coaxial fit of the rearturrets but I don't require it for uploadingwise or sort.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 14th, 2012, 2:34 pm
I think the torpedoes should stay, especialy when the tubes are obscured by other equiment like it is here.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 14th, 2012, 7:28 pm
Agree with Thiel. That's a reason why I've used torpedoes on the missile line on my Type 101, 101B, the Audaces as built and the California-class CGNs. In all those instances the actual torpedo mounts are either more or less hidden, or not self-evident; or in the former two cases, the German and Italian vessels, representing two different types of torpedo weaponry.
Otherwise, this is a neat, nice and very excellent drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Königsberg- (K-class) cruisersPosted: July 15th, 2012, 8:25 am
The idea of showing torbedoes over the picture makes as much sense as showing all the seperate ammunition for the guns over as well.
The reason why missiles were included in the first bucket drawings was some what obscure to even begun with, and has been retained more of traditional reasons, and becouse those over-exxagerated and out of scale missiles were kinda "trademark" for the orginal bucket (back then nothing was pre-45.)

Nowadays There are hundreds of that vintage drawings in the bucket and new artists should follow the established practice what comes to things shown on the drawings. In my books showing torbedoes is almost like making mock out of our style and I don't like it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 11  [ 109 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 711 »

Jump to: