Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 8:50 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Why should I? Personally I think it looks cleaner this way; besides, I was under the impression that we're moving away from drawing the missiles on the rails, due to the difficulty in depicting them in real size configuration. I like and approve of what ace did with the Mk13 launcher. So, in other words, I'm going to keep the rails off missiles.
The Mk 13 was an exception to the rule because of the shear compactness of the launcher and it was stated that is was an exception not the new rule. You've had problems with this before.

While you are at it, please also start labeling your files properly. The proper structure is Pennant#<Space>Ships Name followed by the year if there is more than one drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
MOSQUITO
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 4th, 2012, 11:21 am
Very nice drawings,
just a mistake on the Duquesne:

The ASM system Malafon were disembarqued in 1998

Thus should not be on a drawing dated 2001.

This site could help you, but of course it is in french: :lol:

http://www.netmarine.net/bat/fregates/d ... /index.htm

Hope this can help you, there is also a drawing of the ships as constructed

;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 4th, 2012, 1:19 pm
MOSQUITO, you're right. I have that site myself, and I have now consulted my own photos of the ship. It's one of those irritable slips, only explained by the saying that "you didn't notice the forest because of all the trees"; in other words, I''ve been so darn preoccupied with other aspects of the drawing that I unintentionally left it in place. It'll be removed ASAP! Thanks for the correction.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 4th, 2012, 1:40 pm
Per MOSQUITO's astute observation I've updated the FN Duquesne. Also, Tim, you've got your damn missiles on the rail; personally I don't think it looks good, but I guess my opinion on the matter doesn't make much difference. I'm only the artist, nothing else.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 14th, 2012, 6:57 am
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... -Jean-Bart

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 14th, 2012, 12:30 pm
Thank you, Philbob, a most interesting link. I was intending to update the existing drawings of both the G. Leygues and Cassard-classes. This will serve as a good enticement to actually do that!

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 14th, 2012, 2:05 pm
http://www.meretmarine.com/article.cfm?id=119157

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 14th, 2012, 2:06 pm
Double post...

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 14th, 2012, 5:00 pm
I just realized that was a diffrent class of ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 14th, 2012, 7:26 pm
Don't worry, my friend! Your link is valuable enough, so I'm just glad you posted it here!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: