Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 30th, 2014, 12:46 pm
I agree in whole with both Golly and Colo. While I admit that I haven't always been the best representative of Good Graces here (who has, btw?), my critique has most commonly always focused on the workings of a ship's design, not in how the drawing has been executed technically (I. e. with how many layers, gradients, transparency or whatever.) Now, ace, managed (of course) to direct a minor jab at me for an obviously (to him) inferior Type23 drawing, a mention which was quite uncalled for in this thread, but not at all surprising knowing his modus operandi. In that thread, it was ace who, in a way, usurped Blackbuck's prerogative of answering a specific question I had regarding the latter's drawing. I'm sure that Blackbuck would've fully satisfied my inquest had he been allowed to respond initially; instead ace managed with his gong-ho attitude and brazenness of language to inflame the situation unnecessarily. However, people like that, who evidently regard themselves as some sort of professional elite in the SB-community, must also remember that not all of us have their advanced drawing tools! I only draw in Paint - I don't even know which version it is!) I am fully convinced we have a multitude of drawers in similar (simple, primitive) situations!

So, let's all attempt to be more gracious and consider our (typed and posted) language before we rush into action! I know that for many there is an obvious linguistic barrier, but, look at one of our moderators, Golly. His English sounds very "Finnish" (I ought to know, being a Finn by birth!), and the English is riddled with (often charming) minor errors, both grammatical and spelling-wise, yet our Main Moderator, in my view has always managed to sound as the Great Voice of Reason, thus proving without doubt the possibility and ability to properly and modestly use a foreign language, in this case English.

For me Sailor82s drawing was (is) terrific. I have not checked the accuracy between Squizzy's and his versions; I'm sure if Sailor82 would want to return (and I sincerely hope he will, and already has!) he and Squizzy can sort that thing out properly. Yes, let the concerned artists dole that out and let the others, no-concerned people stay out of that till it's settled!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 30th, 2014, 1:13 pm
I think nobody here intended Sailor82 to leave, and I at least certainly hope he wants to come back.
I will not react on the remarks in bezo's post above, other then that I find it a lot more insulting and attacking then any TJ and I have said to sailor82 in this thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 30th, 2014, 2:30 pm
ace, if the shoe fits the foot....
My post was about taking accountability, a thing I haven't seen you really do. By mentioning a wholly unrelated episode in the past, what do you think will happen? You seriously cannot believe you can throw covert slights across your shoulder and not expect to be called to account for that? For, if you analyze your own words, that's exactly what took place. Now, if you desire to continue this word jousting, I suggest you revert to our IM-system...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: