Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 8th, 2013, 7:37 pm
Thanx, my friend, that's all I wanted to know. And Thanx for editing that bridge thingy. It looks so much better now.
But, just so you know, I am eagerly expecting the Suffren! I know you're the French master, so I know there's something great to expect!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 10th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Hello again

Colbert towards the end of her life. The radar array was reconstructed from photographs shot after she exploded and burned out, so it's probably not quite perfect. If anyone has better information (and does not charge money for it) - I'd be grateful.

[ img ]

Greetings
Garlicdesign

Last edited by Garlicdesign on April 11th, 2013, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 10th, 2013, 9:01 pm
Fantastic!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 10th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Excellent job - as could be expected. I have query, which I believe pictorial evidence will support me (certainly the models of the cruisers that I have does that!): the admiral's bridge (lower bridge) was enclosed in similar fashion as the top bridge. I am looking at a close-up of the Colbert, having settled in the mud at Toulon, Nov. 1942, and it clearly shows a fully enclosed lower bridge, as does photos of the ship from various periods of her, only too short life. This, btw, goes with all three sisters, the Suffren herself being an exception.
As for the radar, I thinks you can be quite proud of it. I'm comparing yours to the picture, and I cannot really see anything wrong with your representation, which I know you've been working hard on.
One more thing (and it'll be my last gripe!): the underwater stern section looks slightly off. The rudders and props seems to be too far aft, and I believe the curvature of the stern can be more pronounced. Both those fixes, with your talent shouldn't present you with too much headache, I'm sure! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 11th, 2013, 1:07 am
Beautiful!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 11th, 2013, 7:54 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Excellent job - as could be expected. I have query, which I believe pictorial evidence will support me (certainly the models of the cruisers that I have does that!): the admiral's bridge (lower bridge) was enclosed in similar fashion as the top bridge. I am looking at a close-up of the Colbert, having settled in the mud at Toulon, Nov. 1942, and it clearly shows a fully enclosed lower bridge, as does photos of the ship from various periods of her, only too short life. This, btw, goes with all three sisters, the Suffren herself being an exception.
As for the radar, I thinks you can be quite proud of it. I'm comparing yours to the picture, and I cannot really see anything wrong with your representation, which I know you've been working hard on.
One more thing (and it'll be my last gripe!): the underwater stern section looks slightly off. The rudders and props seems to be too far aft, and I believe the curvature of the stern can be more pronounced. Both those fixes, with your talent shouldn't present you with too much headache, I'm sure! ;)
Hello again
Stern lines, bridge and locations of the light AA edited. I left the lower bridge of Foch open, since I wanted to present her early in her career, and since the plans show the bridge open, the closed configuration seems to be a retrofit.
Greetings
Garlicdesign

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 12th, 2013, 3:53 am
Garlic, would you mind pm:ing your email so that I can discuss a number of issues, thus saving this nice thread for the actual posting of ships?

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 20th, 2013, 12:02 pm
Hello again

Last but not least: Suffren as completed, as detailed as my sources allow. Eagerly awaiting some additional in-depth info from bezobrazov, so she still is sort of WIP.

[ img ]

To come: Suffren in her 1945 FNFL fit.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 20th, 2013, 2:31 pm
Beautiful!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French heavy cruisersPosted: April 20th, 2013, 2:40 pm
Even if WiP, it's great looking. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 70 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: