Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 5:42 pm
Remove his name at your peril :|

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 5:45 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Remove his name at your peril :|
All that remains of the original is a few mast lines, and the intent is to get Martin's permission before the credit is removed. I don't think there is any real issue here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 6:26 pm
For what its worth; one of the reasons I'm loosing interest in this forum is precisely illustrated here: endless rehashing of what was already an acceptable representation of a ship; meanwhile there are countless other ships waiting to be drawn. Before the forum became obsessed with 'ever decreasing circles' it was a group of like minded folk interested in capturing the worlds ships - real life, never built, and a seasoning of AU. FD scale is fine, I'm now converted to it, but so much else here is loosing the point of the forum. I still carry out my duties by reading the posts, but as for drawing? Why bother, when, sooner or later someone is going to change a feature then subsume it under their own name; or, decide that they can redraw it and not make it look much better?

Frankly. I've now got more interesting things to do with my precious spare time ;)

Long live folk like Novice, just getting on with what this is supposed to be about :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 6:31 pm
And let us get this right. Acelancelot improved MConrads original? So, then BB1987 improves Acelancelot's ? So then we drop off MConrad? Then somone improves BB1987, then Acelancelot drops off?....an so on.

Tell me this isn't so :?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 6:35 pm
the Kongo was an full redraw, without anything of mconrads drawing left.
BB 1987 uses Mconrads drawing for some parts of the Atago, other then that the drawing is based on my Kongo.
but for the positioning of those parts, he used mconrad's drawing.

in short, of the actual drawing from Mconrads next to nothing is left, but his drawing is 'behind' it all.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 6:52 pm
I like a ship that is drawn correct. for exemple many Norwegan ships that was drawn before, is so incorrect drawn that I am working on them all.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 7:10 pm
Can i kindly ask what have done wrong here?
Other than this one beign the only drawing i'm working on to be already on the archive i have asked directly to MConrads what he thinks about the credits matter and because he was the first to draw the Atago, thus for me beign the only one who can decide on the matter.
Breaking the rules is the last thing i want to do, that's why i asked multiple times about credits in other threads and in this one; i do not want to dumpt MConrads name just because i have redrawn his ship, someone pointed out the matter, i asked for suggestions and finally sent a PM to him.

It's not my intention to be polemical here, i just want to understand. :)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 7:13 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Can i kindly ask what have done wrong here?
Other than this one beign the only drawing i'm working on to be already on the archive i have asked directly to MConrads what he thinks about the credits matter and because he was the first to draw the Atago, thus for me beign the only one who can decide on the matter.
Breaking the rules is the last thing i want to do, that's why i asked multiple times about credits in other threads and in this one; i do not want to dumpt MConrads name just because i have redrawn his ship, someone pointed out the matter, i asked for suggestions and finally sent a PM to him.

It's not my intention to be polemical here, i just want to understand. :)
No one has done anything wrong at this point. Trying to contact Martin is the correct course of action at this point.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 7:56 pm
MConrads leaves to me the decision about the credits.
I think i'll keep his name on it ;)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 7th, 2012, 8:16 pm
The correct couse of action is that if you use parts of others work on your drawing that is not from the Partsheets, then you always credit, be it three pixels or entire hull.

I also adjoin the feelings that constant upgrading of others work to the point they get redone just in sake of getting one's own credit higher is not the point and focus of SB. Keeping the stuff up to date is naturally good and in some regards Ive drawn certain ships 5 or 6 time from the scratch. But the difference is that I've done them to my own drawings. SB is not supposed to be technically accurate collection of detailed shipplans but Pixelart of ships. And as always with Art, it doesn't exist with out the artists, so things like "claims" and respect comes in question when regarding this aspect of the community. Without pioneers like MConrads and MihoshiK, we wouldn't have Shipbucket. Naturally also, the ones who were here first got drawn all the "cool" stuff, but thats how things like these work. Of the years things have passed by, this work of theirs still holds their ground and still remains the base where our style is based. None of the redrawns of their ships have really been nesserical, not even the few I've made myself (Pr.956 for examble) and always should have permission to do so from the orginal artists, or if not possible to gain such, then from Me as their regent. Naturally those drawings (as does many other drawing) migth contain errors, but when smallest thing we can produce can be 15x15cm in its dimensions, people have to remember the importance of Artistic rendition and that ALL SB work is basicly such and they never can reach the most detailed perfection before turning into mockery of the entire concept.

This said, I hope people will focus their creativity in filling the still missing caps, rework their own orginal drawings and explore the yet uncovered dephts that can be brought to this scale.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to β€œReal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: