Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 18th, 2011, 9:13 pm
P.S I also updated the Suffren on p. 1!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 20th, 2011, 1:43 am
Wow, so late as 1970?! That's surprisingly late to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 20th, 2011, 2:08 am
The French always had a tendency and still has, to take a long time to build a vessel. In Suffren's case her building period lasted between 1962-67 and Duquesne's between 1964-70. It was the latter's commissioning date I was referring. I could, of course, and should've instead referred to Suffren's, i e 1967. Now unless my esteemed friend and ally, Brockpaine would like to complete the ships as they looked like during those aforementioned years, I could do it, but then I'd post them separately, considering this topics header.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 20th, 2011, 2:55 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Now unless my esteemed friend and ally, Brockpaine would like to complete the ships as they looked like during those aforementioned years, I could do it, but then I'd post them separately, considering this topics header.
It was my plan to draw them as-completed, as I've got the plans for that. Unfortunately, my slow art pace means it might be done by... uh. Next Christmas, at this pace. Alas. :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 20th, 2011, 3:24 am
*LOL* Next Christmas!?! Dang it...that'd be awfully hard to wait for that x-mas prezzie! ;) 8-) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: July 29th, 2012, 4:26 am
As I promised Kim, having by sheer accident stumbled across his fab Suffren-badge and then being presented by him with an even more fab-looking badge for the Duquesne, I'm posting an update on the three versions that I drew of these wonderfully beautiful ships.
I'm holding off (well, trying at least!) drawing the ships as commissioned, since Brockpaine has dibs on that.
New items is an updated, significantly smaller FCS for the forward 100mm guns and a new propeller design.
The updates can be found on p. 1. If someone cares to compare new and old, I can refer to p.3 where I posted the Duquesne in her training ship configuration. That pic has not, however, been updated, since all three versions now can be found on the first page!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: July 30th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Can't remember I've seen this thread before (I can see it's over a year old :? ). Anyway, you have made some astonishing vessels. They are beautiful :D Glad I could supply you with the badges ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: July 30th, 2012, 8:34 pm
Not bad, now just put the missiles on the rails please.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 5:32 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
I'm holding off (well, trying at least!) drawing the ships as commissioned, since Brockpaine has dibs on that.
No, please go ahead and draw them as commissioned. Considering everything I'm up to at the moment, I'm only checking in to look at drawings every week or so, and don't have time to do any drawings of my own.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 7:43 pm
Ok, will do that. Thanks, Brock for your vote of confidence. It'll probably last me a litle while considering all I have on my plate too, but it'll be done!
@Tim: Why should I? Personally I think it looks cleaner this way; besides, I was under the impression that we're moving away from drawing the missiles on the rails, due to the difficulty in depicting them in real size configuration. I like and approve of what ace did with the Mk13 launcher. So, in other words, I'm going to keep the rails off missiles.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: