Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 123 24 25 26 27 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 21st, 2014, 11:12 pm
If the overall length is 624 feet, that equals 1248 pixels in the scale. The drawing is the correct length. If you have "considerable doubts", please post something more meaningful than a few measurements...

BTW: it's not my responsibility to check every drawing for the correct length in the scale... if you can't do that most basic of steps, then you don't deserve my help.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 22nd, 2014, 12:49 pm
Colosseum wrote:
If you have "considerable doubts", please post something more meaningful than a few measurements...BTW: it's not my responsibility to check every drawing for the correct length in the scale... if you can't do that most basic of steps, then you don't deserve my help.
No really a "Friendly" comment :evil:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 22nd, 2014, 2:40 pm
Don't be a child. I'm always very friendly and accommodating towards you (more so than most members on this board). Don't say things like "it looks out of scale" if you can't be bothered to actually check it yourself. You ended up wasting our time checking the drawing for the correct scale for no reason.

[Profile] [Quote]
Spike
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 30th, 2014, 7:15 am
Dave, I know I've been away for too long. I think you've done a good job on Tennessee's reconstruction. However, I've found a few things with the earlier drawings of Tennessee that aren't quite right. To keep from spamming the board with big photos I've enclosed them and my findings in a PM, so check the Inbox.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 30th, 2014, 8:33 pm
Spike wrote:
Dave, I know I've been away for too long. I think you've done a good job on Tennessee's reconstruction. However, I've found a few things with the earlier drawings of Tennessee that aren't quite right. To keep from spamming the board with big photos I've enclosed them and my findings in a PM, so check the Inbox.
Got the message Brad,

I began using your corrections with Tennessee in 1921. Looking back at the drawing, after draawing on Ship Bucket for only six months, I'm now able to find all kinds of things which I'm correcting.

When I'm done with the other I will post them together . . . unless I get impatient.

Dave

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: July 3rd, 2014, 11:22 am
While applying a few corrections Spike sent me, I began to notice a few things that I too could see were not quite right. It’s amazing what I’ve learned in the last six months since I joined Ship Bucket.
To cut to the chase, I decided to update the earlier versions of the Tennessee and repost them together.

The USS Tennessee (BB-43) as commissioned.
[ img ]

The USS Tennessee in 1926.
[ img ]
Note that:
She now has boom cranes in the fantail and on either side of #3 turret.
The 3”/50s have been replaced with 5”/25s.
Two catapults have been added.

The USS Tennessee in 1931.
[ img ]
She now has a new crane in the stern.
Mk-19 AA gun directors on either side of her bridge level.
Her signal bridge is one level higher.
Declination marks added to # 2 & 3 turrets.
MG pans added to her observation tops.

The USS Tennessee in May 1942 after her first rebuild.
[ img ]
The main cage mast has been removed and replaced by a rectangular tower.
Shields and splinter pans added to her 5”/25s.
She has received her first Mk-3 and SG radars.

The USS Tennessee in May 1943 after her Second rebuild.
[ img ]
Her appearance has been radically altered.

Comments and critiques welcome.

David
She has received bulges.
Amidships deck lines have changed and 5”/51 removed and dual mount 5”/38s added.
40mm quads added along with 1.1”s

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: July 3rd, 2014, 2:04 pm
Amazing work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: July 3rd, 2014, 2:19 pm
Thanks Matt,

She's come a long ways since the beginning.

I really have come to love this ship! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Spike
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: July 5th, 2014, 12:17 am
I have to say this - wow.

In the pictures of Tennessee and California, the thicker hull plates above the armor belt were so difficult to see that I think that it was only noticeable if the light shone on them at the proper angle. Your depiction of them is perfect - clearly there, but subtle, they don't leap off the screen at the viewer. The forward edge of the belt looks much better like this. And you've added shading to the underside of the aft hull.

You've come a long way since you first joined the Bucket. I think you've come a long way just over the course of this thread. Well done, sir. Keep up the good work.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: July 5th, 2014, 2:07 am
Thank you, this means a lot :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 123 24 25 26 27 »

Jump to: