Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 12th, 2016, 10:14 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Well, I've read and re-read the chapter about her modifications, having tried to find pictures too, without it etc, and it's plainly clear that she did retain it till the very end! However, please take a look in your inbox. I sent you a small gift!
Luckily I saved an early version with the catapult. I'll pm the final to you before I post.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 12th, 2016, 10:59 pm
David Latuch wrote:
erik_t wrote:
Are the secondary directors pointed correctly in the overview? I don't totally understand their shape, but right now it looks sort of like the viewports are facing the opposite direction from the rangefinder.

A very nice drawing!
Here are the various views of the director.
[ img ]
This isn't the version you've shown on the actual ship, though -- look at the height of the rangefinder relative to the viewports on the starboard view of the cruiser.

Nitpicking, I know.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 13th, 2016, 10:29 am
Awesome job!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 13th, 2016, 4:39 pm
Excellent work of one of the best Heavy Cruisers of the era!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 14th, 2016, 12:50 pm
These drawings look great!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 14th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Cybermax: it was THE best Treaty cruiser! Hands down!

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 14th, 2016, 7:13 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Cybermax: it was THE best Treaty cruiser! Hands down!
Indeed it was. But, IMHO De Grasse looks sexier though, and Saint Louis even more so. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 14th, 2016, 9:11 pm
I've re-posted the corrected drawings and I believe I've got it right this time.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 14th, 2016, 10:08 pm
David, I just sent you the 1942 version, without having looked at the posts here first. Appears you somehow figured out how to open up my attachment in the mail. Have not checked for color accuracy with regards to shading, but I hope you noticed that I had shaded the wind deflector bulwarks on the bridge-wings a shade darker, since they were IRL protruding outwards/downwards. Other that that (which as of writing I haven't checked!) it looks all business!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgériePosted: February 15th, 2016, 8:03 pm
A fine set of very beautiful drawings of a superb warship! I'm glad to see that they've recieved the Latuch-treatment! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: