Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: France, Battlecruiser/Fast Battleship - Strasbourg (1942Posted: June 7th, 2015, 7:49 am
Weisman wrote:
And I thought that it was over ... Better would be if the picture was all over. So shall be seen clearly by Who period of service of the ship is made. The inscription with the year (the same red as the correction) might not meets the historical moment sealed on this picture. Not visible the French tricolor on turret, which should be there by 1941 to the end. I think 37 mm AA guns were below from start to 1941 including (clearly visible on photographs), but according to experts (of which you do not care as I understand it) in 1942 were moved to the upper deck. Thank you anyway for the assessment of my work! Finally, apply the scheme by Robert Dumas and a nice picture of 1943.
For the october 1942 pics, the french tricolor on turret was partially covered by canvas[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: France, Battlecruiser/Fast Battleship - Strasbourg (1942Posted: June 7th, 2015, 8:08 am
It is possible the pictures may be mis-dated? If you have the dates confirmed, that's one thing, but I've seen incorrect datings of photographs in archives enough to be wary if it indicates something that doesn't make complete sense. (Moving a gun back and forth during the course of a relatively short period of months.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: France, Battlecruiser/Fast Battleship - Strasbourg (1942Posted: June 7th, 2015, 8:42 am
Voyager989 wrote:
It is possible the pictures may be mis-dated? If you have the dates confirmed, that's one thing, but I've seen incorrect datings of photographs in archives enough to be wary if it indicates something that doesn't make complete sense.
Pictures from the very famous Marius-Bar collection, dates confirmed

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: