Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
paul_541
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 16th, 2012, 9:39 pm
I will rework my main bridge as yours like. I think you had a good idea to do your windows ! :)

HMCS Bonaventure CVL-22 and later alterations
Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 16th, 2012, 9:54 pm
Cool, in Shipbucket this is the way ALL windows should be displayed (with a single gray pixel separating each window).

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 16th, 2012, 10:02 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Cool, in Shipbucket this is the way ALL windows should be displayed (with a single gray pixel separating each window).
Yeah but me I had just see that the windows were 5pix large and you 3pix large so it's why my bridge is looking different... ;)

Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 16th, 2012, 10:04 pm
Well yes, the drawing is not technically accurate down to the pixel, but this is the style used on Shipbucket to illustrate bridge windows.

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 3:33 am
Just added the main bridge windows (in the bottom) that you had forgot and a little bit the bow:
[ img ]

Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 3:39 am
Windows must be displayed with a single grey pixel between them. This is established style and I will not deviate from it for the purpose of showing that window. The current version looks fine though I might revise it to reflect the angled nature of that panel.

In short, I know what I'm doing.

Edit: Bow modification noted and I will include it on a next revision.

Edit 2: Why have you subtly changed the entire bow area? There was nothing wrong with it. These types of changes are pointless and only give me a headache as the person responsible for keeping the drawing updated. Please find something else to fool around with, you're really not helping here.

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 4:02 am
Colosseum wrote:
Windows must be displayed with a single grey pixel between them. This is established style and I will not deviate from it for the purpose of showing that window. The current version looks fine though I might revise it to reflect the angled nature of that panel.

Edit 2: Why have you subtly changed the entire bow area? There was nothing wrong with it. These types of changes are pointless and only give me a headache as the person responsible for keeping the drawing updated. Please find something else to fool around with, you're really not helping here.
Ok thanks Colosseum ! ;)
It's for the Iowas that I do that because they are one of my favourite ships ever and... I attempt to ameliorate the drawing with the more accurate details as possible.
On another hand, I would very much like that our two versions of the Iowas would be the most compatible with each other. So, it could be possible to work together for these?

EDIT: Just a question: What are ''those triangles'' on the 127mm turrets ? :shock:

Greetings. :)

Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 4:17 am
paul_541 wrote:
Colosseum wrote:

Ok thanks Colosseum ! ;)
It's for the Iowas that I do that because they are one of my favourite ships ever and... I attempt to ameliorate the drawing with the more accurate details as possible.
On another hand, I would very much like that our two versions of the Iowas would be the most compatible with each other. So, it could be possible to work together for these?

Greetings. :)
OK, well I appreciate you trying to help, but I spent quite some time on this drawing and I'm happy with how the bow looks. It was a straight trace from A.D. Baker III's drawing in Friedman's US Battleships (a source which I consider to be beyond reproach), so I'm not inclined to modify it. As it stands your modification only changes it by a pixel or so in each direction so I really think it's an unnecessary change.

There is no requirement that Shipbucket ships must match along classes, hence no need to modify my 1940s Iowa/Missouri to fit your 1980s New Jersey.
Quote:
EDIT: Just a question: What are ''those triangles'' on the 127mm turrets ? :shock:
They are shell deflectors, though after inspection I'm not sure they were present on the Missouri post-1944. At any rate it's such a small change that, again, I'm not worried about it. I will fix these issues with the next revision.

At this point I think your meticulous attention would be better served working on a new project!

[Profile] [Quote]
paul_541
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 4:25 am
Colosseum wrote:
OK, well I appreciate you trying to help, but I spent quite some time on this drawing and I'm happy with how the bow looks. It was a straight trace from A.D. Baker III's drawing in Friedman's US Battleships (a source which I consider to be beyond reproach), so I'm not inclined to modify it. As it stands your modification only changes it by a pixel or so in each direction so I really think it's an unnecessary change.

There is no requirement that Shipbucket ships must match along classes, hence no need to modify my 1940s Iowa/Missouri to fit your 1980s New Jersey.
Quote:
They are shell deflectors, though after inspection I'm not sure they were present on the Missouri post-1944. At any rate it's such a small change that, again, I'm not worried about it. I will fix these issues with the next revision.

At this point I think your meticulous attention would be better served working on a new project!
OK, from the friedman's books, do you have some drawings/pictures to share ? :shock:

Paul 2024

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: BB-63 MissouriPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 4:28 am
I will PM them to you.

Seriously though, I really don't think that any of our drawings (yours included) need to be modified in any way. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: