Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 28th, 2012, 11:27 am
I guess I better get to work on the Amazon and Antelope soon, so we can have a 30th anniversary bash! Simply stunning, mate. Your 965M also looks top notch!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 28th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Excellent :D , and with the Plymouth we'll soon have a full Falklands fleet

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 28th, 2012, 12:49 pm
Classic drawing Hood mate. :D ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 28th, 2012, 1:14 pm
Excellent drawing. I love it.

One minor point, didn't the identification strip go all the way to the waterline?

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 28th, 2012, 2:26 pm
I think your right Charybdis.I remember the night well.I was sitting in a old Ford Cortina listening to a CB radio ( banned at the time) :roll: when I heard the news.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 28th, 2012, 3:34 pm
Yes very sad, I was very young at the time, my classmate's dad was on there, luckily he got off ok.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 29th, 2012, 1:13 am
I'm sorry to have to post my comments again but I have to say that this along with Bezo's Type 22's are my favourite drawings, not only because they are my favourite warships :) . I feel you've really captured the lines and character of this ship class.

I could look at this for hours :geek:

As much as I hate to say anything about this drawing, I note that the Type 909 domes are white (as on the Bristol)?? I've always thought they were uniform colour with the superstucture.

I also recall that some Type 42's had the domes removed for a period of time. Will you represent this form?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 29th, 2012, 2:14 am
Speaking of my Type22s, I may have to revisit them, in order to check their hull colors. Any thoughts on that? But, yes, (and, btw, Charybdis, thanks for your compliment!), Hood's Type42 is nicely paired with my Type22.
As I said earlier, I may have to somehow find time and do the Falklands Type21. Then, if we could also have the HMS Andromeda and the other Leanders, plus the RFAs.
Oh, and someone needs to get up and do the Canberra, not to mention QE2! I have excellent drawings of the former...

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 29th, 2012, 3:35 am
These 2 drawings have left me speechless (which doesn't happen very often). Beautiful, beautiful work mate.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Type 42 Sheffield Class DestroyerPosted: April 30th, 2012, 9:00 am
Great drawings! In time for this rather sad anniversary (for the Royal Navy, that is - guys in the Argentine Naval Aviation will probably have bit different opinion ;) ).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: