Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 20 of 100  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page « 118 19 20 21 22100 »
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: June 26th, 2011, 11:27 am
@ Sebu
Great contribution ;)
Hmmm, any "pump-jet" (aka "Shrouded propulsor") for a future 2015-2018+ swedish SSK :?: :|

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: June 26th, 2011, 1:17 pm
Sebu
A very nice drawing but credits should be "Sweden, SSK A26 class" or something along these lines. Country and ship's type and name/class. If it is a Never Bilt design it should go in that thread and not here, because this thread is for submarines that were built in real life.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: June 26th, 2011, 1:51 pm
Novice wrote:
Sebu
A very nice drawing but credits should be "Sweden, SSK A26 class" or something along these lines. Country and ship's type and name/class. If it is a Never Bilt design it should go in that thread and not here, because this thread is for submarines that were built in real life.
Ok, I'll move it there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 19th, 2011, 5:12 am
Hi all, here is my first attempt at drawing a submarine - HMAS AE1. She was Australia's first submarine but unfortunately was lost with all hands off the coast of Papua New Guinea.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 19th, 2011, 8:07 am
Looking good! I was planning to do her, but I can't find good reverance drawing of her.

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 21st, 2011, 12:27 pm
Information on these is a bit hard to find but I found this site an absolute goldmine for British subs from the beginning until WW2. http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Boats/BR3043/index.php

But as far as the AE Class is concerned this is the page http://www.rnsubs.co.uk/Boats/BR3043/chapter04.php (Plate 13 is the one you want)

Another source is the National Archives of Australia site. Go to http://www.naa.gov.au and go to Record Search: Sign in as a Guest and select the Advanced Search tab and click the Items box. Search for the series number MP551/1 and select "Digital Copies only". When you get your results look for Control symbols 109/something and you'll have some E Class drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 1:04 am
Wizard
Thanks for the link to BR3034 I think that it’s wonderful the people keep and record this sort of stuff Just proof that all submarine design should be evolutionary .
Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 5:58 am
No problem - Nice to see you here.

Wizard (Gordon B ;-) )

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 11:46 pm
Wizard How the retirement going !! at work we have just had another reorganization and now Smith is getting a another expert to come and tell us what’s wrong (you know the ones from the UK SSN’s Astute program)
Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: SubmarinesPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 4:33 am
Retirement is great - the only thing I miss from work are the people and the in-house discussions on Outlook. Feel free to contact me off-line at gordon dot surname at hotmail dot com.

I am, however, still looking for good plans of all RAN submarines, including those pesky Collins. A good set of hull lines for an Oberon wouldn't go astray either.

On another note I was looking at the fantastic artwork in Real Designs (especially the Australian area), Portsmouth Bill and Squizzy I like your Australian Darings but would make one observation: Aussie Darings had less scuttles than their British sisters. A small point but it makes the Australian ships look cleaner or something. Have a look for Vampire etc, in Kookaburra's Photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/41311545@N05/

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 20 of 100  [ 999 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 118 19 20 21 22100 »

Jump to: