Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1927 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 18th, 2014, 9:55 pm
If there are no other changes to make, here is the final version of the USS Tennessee (BB-43) as she appearedin 1921.

[ img ]

Next up will be USS Tennessee (BB-43) as she appearedin 1937.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 19th, 2014, 1:26 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 19th, 2014, 8:01 am
Thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 19th, 2014, 7:10 pm
Very nicely done. I don't see anything else that needs doing.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 20th, 2014, 3:26 am
Hull shading? It's a lovely drawing but it still feels a bit 2D

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 20th, 2014, 8:12 am
what would you suggest I do. I have an idea of what I'dlike to do,but what is permitted within SB rules?

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 20th, 2014, 8:18 am
Its become a bit vague with new artists putting their own spin on it but usually stick to one shade darker, one shade lighter (little bit darker/lighter for joints and structural lines) Do you have a drawing of the hull lines?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 20th, 2014, 8:41 am
Will this work?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 20th, 2014, 1:31 pm
I think Rodondo refers to the actual shape of the hull, as defined by its frames.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 20th, 2014, 3:57 pm
just keep the standard shading, or you can do something similar to Lexington.

There is an another option to shade in, but it's a bit advance, and you need the knowledge about how the underwater hull look's like.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1927 »

Jump to: